Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Trek movies "place" in relation to the shows...

I did a thread like this before, but couldn't find it, so I thought I might restart it with a different view.

Sure, it's easy to have TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY, ENT, and then the movies. However, look at it in this light: Say you're an X-Files fan. You'd probably have the movie placed between seasons 5 & 6 since it bridges them together, right? Let's say you're an SG-1 fan. You would probably have the movie come before the TV show since the movie is the "original story", correct? Welp, if you would do another show with the movies placed with the TV show it relates to, why not do the same with the Trek movies? For example: You would have the TOS movies come after TOS since they use the characters, the ship, and so forth from TOS. The same would apply to the TNG movies. If they did a TNG/DS9/VOY movie, one could place it after VOY, since it involves characters from all 3 shows. If they did an ENT movie, it'd be placed with ENT. If they did a "new cast" movie, then you'd put it seperate since it doesn't relate to any of the existing shows.

Now, a lot of people may not care and find it easier to give the movies their own category, but I believe in organising TV shows and their movies in terms of the story. So, for me, it would be TOS, TOS movies, TNG, TNG movies, DS9, VOY, & ENT.

What do you all think?

I think you should do what ever makes you happy and what you said

makes sense to me....

I don't own that many...only TNG all 7 yrs and all their movies

and the first season of VOY.

I have the TOS movies on VHS.

So, you can see its easier for me!