Sign in to follow this  
Sam The Smuggler

Star Trek The Magazine

Who else Had a subcription to this?? I did. I loved it. Every month I got a new one and looked forward to the next one.

Then...one sad sad day..I recieved a notice telling me that it had been Canceled...that he April 2003 Issue was the last one.

Well..my Subcription ran out with the March Issue..so I'll have to go find that last one someday..somehow

Oh..anybody else Notice that the Feb. 2001 issue has 2000 printed on the cover?

Not only that, Sam, but the April issue came out with two different covers. So, of course, you'll need to find both of them.

I didn't have a subscription (way to expensive) but I did pick up an issue every once in a while. I still have the very first issue.

I guess the sales numbers just weren't where they should be for the publisher to make a profit. Us trekkers didn't do our part by buying more. Or it could also be that the core Trek fans are just getting older and have to put that money into IRA's.

Or it could also be that the core Trek fans are just getting older and have to put that money into IRA's.

I just LOVE your sense of humor, xenexian!! :D

Guest Ktrek

I loved this magazine! I was sorry to see it go! :D At least it was issued on time every month and was consistent unlike Communicator which seems to just come out whenever they feel like issuing a copy. I also liked getting a monthly update on all things Trek. The articles were also better written than Communicator. I hope someday we will see another Trek mag but in the mean time I guess I'll just have to settle for second rate Communicator! :D

Ktrek

Not only that, Sam, but the April issue came out with two different covers.  So, of course, you'll need to find both of them.

I didn't have a subscription (way to expensive) but I did pick up an issue every once in a while.  I still have the very first issue.

Same

I did not have a subscription to it, but I did buy a few issues. It seemed good. I wish they were still going to come out. But we do have the ST Communicator right? If that’s still going to be available at least we have something (that is if it is available in the US)

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

I subscribed to Star Trek:The Magazine from the beginning to the end.I was floored when i found out they were going out of business.I still don't understand why.There is enough Trek material to continue running that magazine for another 1,000-issues without going back over ground covered in previous issues.I thought it was a little pricey,but it was well worth it.I'm still sad that its gone.I keep all my magazines in a footlocker and still read through them often.

It was too expensive for me to have a subscription but I bought one whenever I could. I got most of the 700 pictures that are on my wall are from that magiziene (after I read it of course!). I was sad to see it go. :blink: