Sign in to follow this  
Goose

Baseball's opening day on tuesday

Stardate:214240.9

When we last saw the game we witnessed one of the most stunning upsets as the Yankees lost the world series to a florida team called the marlins.Well in 2 days it all starts again in the land of the Rising Sun.In Japan the Yankees once again take on a florida team.This time though its the Tampa Bay Devil Rays.Its time once again for pitchers to take th mound.For fans to sit in the saets with thier chili dogs and fries.Time once again for the American pastime to become center stage.Its time once again for baseball.

The Goose's American League Predictions for 2004.

AL East:

Division Winner-Boston Red Sox:Last year the Yankees and the Red Sox were pretty close.Even the yankees own Brian Cashman said they were"seperated by one swing"Boston has improved so much with the addition of Curt Schilling and Keith Foulke just to name a few.They are the best team in the East and the best in the Al.

Record-106-56

@nd place-New York Yankees-Were the Red Sox have improved the yankees have just changed.Sire they added the best player in baseball Alex Rodrigues and Gary Shefield but they have lost alot as well.The losses of Andy Pettie,Roger Clemens,and David Wells out weighs the gains.

Record-95-67

Third Place-Toronto Blue Jays-The Blue jays have tooke third for 6 straight years nad this will be number 7.Even with Cy Young Winner Roy Halladay and numerous other talent the blue jays need something to tie it together .Maybe next year.

Record-90-72

Fourth-Baltimore Orioles-They have enhanced thier offense with ther addition of Rafiel Palmerioand Migeal Tjada but thier pitching is horrible.If they wont get ptiching its gonna be a long year for the Orioles

Record-80-82

Last Place-Tampa Bay Devil Rays-last year marked the first year under new Manager Lou Pinnela(former Mariners manager) and they devils rays posted thier winnest season in history(61-99) and this year they wil;ll get even better.They wont get out of the cellar but Lou will continue to defy the odds and produce a good a baseball team.In 5 years they will be in the playoffs.

Record-75-87

Al Central:

Division Winner-Kanas City Royals-Last year Kanas City shocked everyone by winning 87 games ine season removed from losing 100.They will do it again this year becasue they have gotten better.

Record-98-64

2nd place-Minnestosa Twins-The back to back division champs wont make it a repeat this year because they have lost too much.Normally the losses of your star closer(Eddy Guardaao) and some of your best hitters would cripple a team but minnestoa will still have a good year.

Record-90-72

Third Place-Chicago White Sox-The white sox havent made many moves during the off season and will pay for it.In any other divsion they would be dead last

Record-75-87

Fourth Place-Cleveland Indians-Cleveland has alot of rebuilding too do before they acn contend.This team should just start over from scrtach.

Record-69-91

Last Place-Detroit Tigers-One season removed from becoming the 2nd worst ream in baseball histroy and losing a shameful 119 games Detroit has nowhere to go but up.It will be a few years before they can contend but adding world series MVP Ivan Rodirgues and shortstop Carlos Gullien will help.

Record-60-102

Al West:

Divison Winner:Seattle Mariners-Last year the mariners were the best in the West and the best defensive team in history.But towards the end the offense suffered and they droped out of first.The M's have retailited by adding Scott Spiezo,Rich Arruial and Iban Rodrigues.Adding to that the best bullpen in baseball with Everyday Eddy Guradao closing out games will make every game a 6 inning one.and to pitch those 6 innings will be the same rotation that went out there every single game last year,a feat only accomplished twice since 1900.

Record-105-57

2md place-Oakland athletcs-Oakland hasnt done much this off season and will remian as good as they were last year.The problem is tthat the M's will be better than last year so they will take second.They may make the wildcard though.

Record-98-64

Third Place-Anahiem Angels-The Angels will be better than last seaon thats for sure with the addition of Vladamier Guerro,Jose Guillem and Bartolo Colon.But it wont enough to catch Oakland or Seattle.Maybe next year

Record-90-72

Last place-Texas Rangers-The pitching has imporved a little but the Ranger s have been known for thier offense.Losing,Juan Gonzalez,Rafiel Palmerio,and especially Alex Rodrigues is a slap in the face and a kick in the nuts.

Record-80-82

I'm not gonna give predictions for the National League becasue I dont follow it as well as I do the Al.

I think Micky Mantel said it best when he said that "When April comes around the nation stands on its feet.The game of baseball affects America unlike any other sport.You just know when the game is here cause you can smell it in the air and you can see it in peoples eyes." On March 30th in Japan the great game of baseball begins again.

Play Ball :laugh:

Last Place-Detroit Tigers-One season removed from becoming the 2nd worst ream in baseball histroy and losing a shameful 119 games Detroit has nowhere to go but up.It will be a few years before they can contend but adding world series MVP Ivan Rodirgues and shortstop Carlos Gullien will help.

Ouch! Painful for any Tigers fan. However, things are looking up this year. In fact, they are doing fairly rescpectably.

Ouch! Painful for any Tigers fan. However, things are looking up this year. In fact, they are doing fairly rescpectably.

Stardate:214237.8

Yeh its kinda scary.Baseball is in the bizzaro world right now.Detroit is doing well,Baltimore is doing good,yanks are doing bad,boston is doing so-so,mariners are doing bad.Its freaky.This had better be an april thing :)

Yeh its kinda scary.Baseball is in the bizzaro world right now.Detroit is doing well,Baltimore is doing good,yanks are doing bad,boston is doing so-so,mariners are doing bad.Its freaky.This had better be an april thing 

You got that right! M's at the bottom of the AL West, Yanks not on the top of their division.... it's all weird!

So my "wishful thinking" predictions for the AL, since I don't follow NL too much...

M's go to playoffs, lose in second round.

Red Sox to Series.

Boston's my team to cheer for when the M's aren't doing too hot. But They're picking up finally after a bumming firs couple weeks! I wanna see Oly get his bat warmed up tho! <_<

Well, there's still about 150 games left to set things straight. It's one of the things I love about baseball. A team that did crappy one year, can turn it around the next year.

Yeh its kinda scary.Baseball is in the bizzaro world right now.Detroit is doing well,Baltimore is doing good,yanks are doing bad,boston is doing so-so,mariners are doing bad.Its freaky.This had better be an april thing 

You got that right! M's at the bottom of the AL West, Yanks not on the top of their division.... it's all weird!

So my "wishful thinking" predictions for the AL, since I don't follow NL too much...

M's go to playoffs, lose in second round.

Red Sox to Series.

Boston's my team to cheer for when the M's aren't doing too hot. But They're picking up finally after a bumming firs couple weeks! I wanna see Oly get his bat warmed up tho! :P

Stardate:214206.9

Nice to see another M's fan on here Kyra.

M's lose in the second round huh?As much as i would hate it to happen again ill have to agree if they face Boston.Bosox is the team to beat.

and also RUDE GOT AN RBI TODAY!!!!!!! I hope his bat heats up too i have him on my fantasy team.

Ben Davis needs to hit too.Hes hittinng .076.Ridicolus.I say we trade him and put Dan the Man back in full time. <_<

Go M's!