Sign in to follow this  
master_q

Classic Star Trek Comics!

Classic Star Trek Comics!

startrek_collection1_sm.jpg

Checker Book Publishing Group will be releasing classic Star Trek Comics from the 1960s and '70s.

startrek_panel1.jpg_______startrek_panel2.jpg

To start with, how did Checker acquire the license to reprint these classic comics? "Checker sent out letters to Paramount making inquiries concerning these books, never dreaming that we would be lucky enough to get the property," Mark Thomspon told CBR News. "Everyone on the planet knows Star Trek. Maybe only Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck are more universally loved. We did not hear back from them on our initial inquiry."

"I think the fact that there are currently no Star Trek comics being produced draws attention to the problems within the industry and the need for someone like Checker," said Thompson. "We publish what the fans want. It is our hope that the frequently echoed comment - 'Geez, somebody needs to put that back into print' will all but disappear from comics shops around the country."

"The first edition will contain issues 1-8 of the Gold Key run. The second edition, due in August, will contain issues 9-16. I am doing the introduction for the first edition, but we are in discussions to have 'special guests' do the intros in the future."

----For More: http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/printthis.cgi?id=3438

-TrekToday

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

Guest Ktrek

Let's just hope that Checker makes enough money to justify printing the entire Gold Key series. There were 61 comics in the original Gold Key series. Since this is the only way many of us will ever be able to afford and collect these earliest of Star Trek comics I'm really glad to see them. I have often wanted to try and collect the original copies but many of the Gold Keys go anywhere from $20 to $100 a pop. Calculate that times 61 once! EeeeK! Here is a cool link about the Gold Key series you might find interesting:

Guide to Gold Key Star Trek Comics

Ktrek