Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Veterans Statium Implosion

Here is an ABC news video of the Implosion of Veterans Stadium in Philadelphia from Sunday. I never attended a game there but wish I had. Even though I was never at a game I consider myself a "700 Level" fan.

Veterans Stadium Implosion

(I'm not 100% sure the video will run, please let me know if it doesn't)

Oh wow, that's incredible

Oh BTW, it played great

Edited by RikerChick

Thank you for sharing that. I missed seeing it when it happened. The Phanatic fainting at the end is priceless.

I managed to get to a few Phillies games, but that's about it. It sure will look different driving by on I-95, won't it?

Edited by Miss Satoire

Thank you for sharing that.  I missed seeing it when it happened.  The Phanatic fainting at the end is priceless.

I managed to get to a few Phillies games, but that's about it.  It sure will look different driving by on I-95, won't it?

I loved it at the end when the Philly Phanatic Phainted. That was priceless for sure!

I myself only recall seeing The Vet on one occasion, it was from I-95 om my way to Fort Dix New Jersey to my brother's Basic Training graduation in 1985. I do plan on attending many Eagles games at Lincoln Financial Field though.

The site of The Vet will be turned into a 5500 car parking lot but the Phillies plan on painting a baseball diamond where the field was located and placing markers where the bases and pitching mound were.

Sardate:214224.9

Yeh I watched it on MLB.com when it first happened.Cool to watch.The Phillies had some good teams in that stadium.They only won 1 world series in it(1980) but they still had some good teams.Hopefully that success carries voer to thier new stadium.

I remember in 1999 when they Kingdom in Seattle was brought down when the Mariners moved to Safeco field.I went to the very last game played there and I was also in Seattle when it happened.Those are even cooler to watch in person.