Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Intrepid Class on DS9

I was a little surprised to see this on DS9, I don't know if I had noticed it before or not but it caught my eye a few days ago, it's from season 7's "Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges"

PDVD_339.JPG

WOW never noticed that i will have to check it out my self well spotted :assimilated:

Edited by hangon

Yeah, there is something I've always wondered about that ship. Does it have the same registry number as Voyager written on the hull? I tried to zero in on it with my VCR but I couldn't tell for sure, but it really looked like it might be the same one. Perhaps they just used the same graphics model as Voyager and just lowered the ambient lighting (notice how the shot is so dark) and kept the ship far away so that it wouldn't be obvious. So, you're just noticing that an Interpid was on DS9 now? I thought you were supposed to know everything about DS9... that's the word on the cyber street anyhow.

Is that the ep where Bashir goes to Romulus? If so, that's the U.S.S. Bellerophon,,, I think.

That was one of the only non-season1 eps I saw,,, and I missed the first half. Dangit; I need the dvd's and I need them soon! :assimilated:

I had wondered about the registry too but after checking it, it isn't the same. Here's a closeup. I can't make out the last number but I think it's NCC-74706.

ncc_74706.JPG

Yeah, that's the USS Bellerophon and the registry is NCC-74705 (Ex Astris Scientia) so you were close VBG.

I think there was a slight screw-up with the interiors, specifically the mess hall. The Bellerophon had a galley like Voyager because they used the Voyager set but originally Voyager had a wall of replicators where the galley went in.

Of course, maybe they decided to include a galley in later Intrepid class starships as the war effort would require more of a ship's power. They could have included a galley to reduce dependency on the replicators and use that power for weapon systems. It is interesting to consider or maybe I'm just crazy.

Another thing about that shot, am I the only one who finds it odd that there is so much activity near Romulus in this ep but next to none in Nemesis? Of course, in Nemesis, Shinzon may have moved the fleet for an attack on the Federation.

Edited by Jack_Bauer

Another thing about that shot, am I the only one who finds it odd that there is so much activity near Romulus in this ep but next to none in Nemesis? Of course, in Nemesis, Shinzon may have moved the fleet for an attack on the Federation.

I would assume there was so much activity because of the conference that was going on.

I think there was a slight screw-up with the interiors, specifically the mess hall. The Bellerophon had a galley like Voyager because they used the Voyager set but originally Voyager had a wall of replicators where the galley went in.

Of course, maybe they decided to include a galley in later

I'm pretty sure the galley was always there, but that it was the Captain's private dining space and not considered a galley. Neelix just decided to add in some heating elements and make it a cooking area. There were more replicators yes, but I believe they were on the wall between the door and the Captain's dining room/galley.

Hell, I Noticed It The First Time I Saw The Trailer For The Episode.  :dude:

Nice Seeing And Intrepid-Class On DS9 After VOY Featured 2 Defiant-Class Ships.

There were 3 in VOY. Two in "Message in a Bottle" and a third in "Endgame". :dude:

As for the mess hall, in "Phage", from season 1, Janeway enters her personal dining room and finds herself in a smoke-filled kitchen! She asks Neelix what the heck is going on, and he says he took down the wall, rerouted some power systems, and so forth. Basically, he spent probably several days to convert Janeway's dining room and the replicator wall into a galley. As for the galley seen in DS9, I don't remember exactly, but did it have a "Starfleet" look to it? If so, then we can assume that the Bellerophon's captain's dining room had been relocated so that a galley could be added. :P

Hell, I Noticed It The First Time I Saw The Trailer For The Episode.  :dude:

Nice Seeing And Intrepid-Class On DS9 After VOY Featured 2 Defiant-Class Ships.

There were 3 in VOY. Two in "Message in a Bottle" and a third in "Endgame". :dude:

True, But This DS9 Episode Aired Before "Endgame", So My Statement Is Still Correct. :P

Edited by Sam The Smuggler

I believe the galley seen on DS9 was identical to the one from Voyager.

This will clear it up for me, did Voyager have a counter (or bar, whatever) before Neelix converted the dining room to the galley?

I believe the galley seen on DS9 was identical to the one from Voyager.

This will clear it up for me, did Voyager have a counter (or bar, whatever) before Neelix converted the dining room to the galley?

I don't know if the modification the the mess hall was done during Voyager's stay in the Delta Quadrant or not but hadn't they (Voyager) already been in contact with Starfleet and were able to relay information back and forth by the time this DS9 episode aired?

Is it possible that Voyager told Starfleet of the modifications they had made to the ship and Starfleet in turn thought "Wow, cool idea! We'll do that on all of the Intrepid class ships"?

Wow, very interesting :P

as for the galley, Neelix converted the Caprain's personal room in the Mess Hall into a cooking area.

"Without the Captain's permission I may add :P"