Sign in to follow this  
Shrek

Dr. Seuss' The Cat in the Hat

Has anyone seen Dr. Seuss' The Cat in the Hat? I rented the movie last night and it was good. I give it 9.5/10 stars.

Based Upon: The children's book of the same title by Dr. Seuss, Theodor Seuss Geisel. The Cat in the Hat is also prominently featured at the Seuss Landing attraction at the Universal Studios park. This is the second Seuss story to be adapted by Imagine/Universal, following Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas.

-10 outta 10.

I couldn't stand it! Meyers couldn't/wouldn't stop mugging it up for the camera and that pathetic forced giggle he kept doing had me running away screaming for mercy. Imo Dr.Suess is spinning in his grave over the travesty done to this beloved character.

-10 outta 10.

I couldn't stand it! Meyers couldn't/wouldn't stop mugging it up for the camera and that pathetic forced giggle he kept doing had me running away screaming for mercy. Imo Dr.Suess is spinning in his grave over the travesty done to this beloved character.

Hmmm, interesting, Alterego. Did you like How the Grinch Stole Christmas? (The movie with Jim Carrey.)

Sorry for the slightly off-topic, Shrek. I haven't seen the movie, but I did enjoy The Grinch movie and might rent this movie if it is as good.

Hmmm, interesting, Alterego. Did you like How the Grinch Stole Christmas? (The movie with Jim Carrey.)

It's been a while since I saw that one but I remember Carry also did some mugging but not nearly as much as Myers does in Cat. Grinch was better than Cat but not by too much imo. Jem liked them both though so I suppose the target audience is happy.

Wow, a little emotional over Cat in the Hat there Alterego. I liked it I think Myers is a very funny actor, and the kids in the movie are also very talented.

Wow, a little emotional over Cat in the Hat there Alterego.

Well lookie here; I always need to (try) and keep my emotions in check at Kronos, it's nice (and necessary) that "I" get to respond emotionally (as you all do) once in a while on the other forums. [rant]Why are some of you starting to ride my back of late? :huh:[/rant]

I got the movie a while back, watched about 20 minutes and then shut it off. I thought it was a really bad movie. That's just my opinion though. I also didn't think this was a movie for children. If I had young children and had taken them to this movie I'd have walked out 20 minutes in.

I agree whole-heartedly with Alterego and VaBeachGuy, I hate the latest "childrens" movies that are out nowadays that have crude humor and language that makes a 20 yr old like me cringe.

Go see the original TV specials, they are classic. How the Grinch Stole Christmas is very sweet and innocent, and is allways a family favorite in our house each december.