Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

The Perfect Paralel

The reason may be, from a quote of Helen Keller, what do you thinK? It is as follows: " Literature is my Utopia. Here I am not disfranchised. No barrier of the senses abuts me out from the sweet, gracious discourse of my book friends. They talk to me without embarrassment or awkwardness." { Helen Keller was blind and deaf since infancy}.

Since we can't hear or see each other, but only know each other through the words we type on a screen, this is why I made this parallel. What are your thoughts?

Edited by Jeanway

The reason may be, from  a quote of Helen Keller, what do you thinK?  It is as follows:  " Literature is my Utopia.  Here I am not disfranchised.  No barrier of the senses abuts me out from the sweet, gracious discourse of my book friends.  They talk to me without embarrassment or awkardness."  { Helen Keller was blind and deaf since infancy}.

Since we can't hear or see each other, but only know each other through the words we type on a screen, this is why I made this paralel. What are your thoughts?

"They talk to me without embarrassment or awkwardness." I've heard other people say similar things in the chat rooms. Also that there were no consequences to what we say or do, which, I don't think is true. There are consequences. Do you think so too?