Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

Quick funnies from a forward

-=*=- -=*=- -=*=- -=*=- -=*=- -=*=- -=*=-

From a fire?

Driving through a small Southern town I saw a "Nativity Scene" that showed great skill and talent had gone into creating it. One small feature bothered me. The three wise men were wearing firemen's helmets.

Totally unable to come up with a reason or explanation, I decided to stop at a "Quick Stop" on the edge of town. I asked the lady behind the counter about the helmets.

She responded in annoyance, "You Yankees never do read the Bible!" I assured her that I did, but simply recall anything about firemen in the Bible.

She jerked her Bible from behind the counter and ruffled through some pages, and finally jabbed her finger at a passage. Sticking it in my face she said "See, it says right here, 'The three wise man came from afar.'"

-=*=- -=*=- -=*=- -=*=- -=*=- -=*=- -=*=-

"Burglar"

A burglar broke into a dark house and had to stand around for a little while until his vision adjusted. Once his vision adjusted, he moved toward the TV and VCR. He heard a voice say, "Jesus is watching you. "

He looked around to see where the voice was coming from, but saw no one and ignored it. He moved toward the TV and VCR again, and once again heard the voice. He still saw no one and ignored the voice. This happened a third time, but when he looked around he saw a bird cage.

He walked to the bird cage and saw that a parrot was in the cage. He asked the parrot if it could talk, and the bird responded, "Yes." He asked if the parrot had been telling him that Jesus was watching him, and the bird responded, "Yes." He asked the bird's name, and was told that it was Homer.

He said, "What kind of idiot would name a bird Homer?"

The bird said, "The same kind of idiot that would name a Doberman Jesus."