Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mike_Hines01

Is Enterprise in a different timeline

Guest Mike_Hines01

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before but I just wanted to check something. I've just watched Azati Prime again, and something caught my attention. When Daniels takes Archer into the future, he mentions that the Sphere Builders have technology which allows them to scan the timelines and that they had seen the one that Daniels and Archer were in. This got me thinking that if the Sphere Builders can do this and decided to trick the Xindi into thinking humans are the enemy, then wouldn't this put Enterprise in a different timeline to the other series. I also remember something from an earlier episode, Carpenter Street, were Daniels said this conflict was never supposed to happen and was the result of temporal incursions. This could explain why we havent heard about the Xindi in any of the other series.

It's a definite possibility. I mena think about it: If the Xindi attack never truely occured in previous Trek history, then the 7 million killed on Earth would tear the hell out of the timeline. Because, thats seven million people, who's children and grand children will never be born, and then generations of people are gone. There could have been some of Kirk's early relatives, or any one else who was ever in Trek. Unless it ends up being a paradow of sorts, where it was all meant to be anyway. I hope so. I hate the idea of an entirly different timeline cropping up out of all this.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before but I just wanted to check something.  I've just watched Azati Prime again, and something caught my attention.  When Daniels takes Archer into the future, he mentions that the Sphere Builders have technology which allows them to scan the timelines and that they had seen the one that Daniels and Archer were in.  This got me thinking that if the Sphere Builders can do this and decided to trick the Xindi into thinking humans are the enemy, then wouldn't this put Enterprise in a different timeline to the other series.  I also remember something from an earlier episode, Carpenter Street, were Daniels said this conflict was never supposed to happen and was the result of temporal incursions.  This could explain why we havent heard about the Xindi in any of the other series.

I believe that the future in "Azati Prime" was a similar future to the TOS/TNG/DS9/VOY timeline except for the Sphere Builder expanse place. I also think that Daniels's future is an alternate future that will be erased when Archer's timeline comes into play leading to the previous (future for Archer) series we know.

Anyone agree?

Seems reasonable. I keep getting this weird feeling that the current Enterprise timeline will get a big "re-adjustment" at the end of the Xindi War. Maybe a malor catastrophe that zaps the Enterprise into a different timeline that's more in line with TOS, etc. Hope that made sense. :dude:

I think they might merge the "two" timelines, assuming there are two, and so the events happening in the Ent. timeline will be true for that crew whereas we the viewers, looking back on it from a TOS/TNG or onward perspective, should not know about those events, but will.

Let's just hope the producers don't undo all the damage, like they did in Twilight. It was the right thing to do in that episode, but if they undo the whole Xindi attack and the events in "Azati Prime" I will be very disappointed.

I believe ent to be on the timeline that we are on. And I can not wait to see how the xindi and suliban additions will be assimilated into the timeline.

:cool:

Guest Mike_Hines01

I don't think they would go as far as to undo the Xindi attack completely, that would be a big mistake.

I think the timeline is fine and it is not an alternate one. I also really hope they do not undo the damage. How boring would that be. :laugh: I would much rather see Enterpise return from them mission battered and either be rapaired or get a newer version with upgrades.

Guest Mike_Hines01

I think they'll send Enterprise home all battered and bruised and just have it repaired. They don't have a newer version to upgrade to yet and don't forget that the NX-01 hasn't even been launched yet.

I think they'll send Enterprise home all battered and bruised and just have it repaired.  They don't have a newer version to upgrade to yet and don't forget that the NX-01 hasn't even been launched yet.

Captain Archer could be the one to launch NX-02 (which i am assuming you are referring to). It has been almost 4 years since the launch of NX-01. I can't imagine it not having any improved systems and upgrades that have been developed over the last few years.

Guest Mike_Hines01
Captain Archer could be the one to launch NX-02 (which i am assuming you are referring to).

Oops, sorry my mistake, I was indeed talking about the NX-02. As for the upgrades I'd imagine that any serious upgrades would have been installed when Enterprise was is spacedock being retro fitted for the Expanse.

I think if Enterprise is now in a timeline that was never meant to have happened it is by definition in a timeline other than the regular one. From the moment the TCW faction interfered and told the Xindi about the supposed human threat and they acted upon it we were pushed into a different line.

in one episode of TNG captain picard says that the federation recieved a message about a planet in distress due to geological faults but they never dispatched a ship because starfleet was busy with: "the Xindi and getting its roots down"

this is merely a passing notice but i believe that the writers intentionally ised a species that was mentioned only briefly so that there was a link if a question should come up but there would be no more available info...