Sign in to follow this  
TransporterMalfunction

Romulan Issue

The TOS Enterprise was crippled in just about every episode I've seen, so I don't know how to comment on the Romulan warhead. :laugh:

How many have you seen?

How many have you seen?

Oh, I dunno, maybe 15 or so...

You should try to watch more of them, there's a lot more to it then just the few episodes where the Enterprise has mechanical trouble.

The TOS Enterprise was crippled in just about every episode I've seen, so I don't know how to comment on the Romulan warhead. :laugh:

How many have you seen?

How many have you seen?

You should try to watch more of them, there's a lot more to it then just the few episodes where the Enterprise has mechanical trouble.

I'm waiting for the season sets, cable's too expensive. In the episodes I have seen, it was the villians crippling the Enterprise, not a mechanical malfunction.

I like the idea that it would be a cold war between the Star Fleet and the Romulans. Like I said in a previous post, I like the idea that Earth prevents Andoria and Vulcan from going to war, and as a part of a treaty between the three that they would defend each other from any dangerous threat. A cold-war could continue for a while, then a major conflict would begin and then the Andorian's and Vulcan's would pledge their forces; probably not all because both races would more or less be doing it because they had to.

The cold war idea is a good way for Enterprise producers to get around the issue of the war and allow the Enterprise to "be off" exploring the Galaxy. But it's very impractical from a historical war prospective.....Neutral Zones aren't just negotiated for the heck of it...they are brought on because of military stalemates or set up as buffer-zones to prevent future useless blood-shed....case n point the 38th parallel Korean War--DeMilitarized Zone Vietnam. At some point in the Series of "Enterprise" something must happen-perhaps the Death of Archer...so as to motivate Starfleet Command to desinate "enterprise" and all ships there-after with that name to be "explorative" ships......so that Kirks statements...."what's the mission of this ship, doctor?.....TO BOLDLY GO, WERE NO ONE HAS GONE BEFORE" will be the mission of enterprise....The writers have already been mentioning/setting up that idea...with Archer's "Farewell" address to the crew, if he's ever lost or retires starfleet command will probably make that the Enterprise Mission Statement in honor of his service/dream!

The TOS Enterprise was crippled in just about every episode I've seen, so I don't know how to comment on the Romulan warhead. :dude:

How many have you seen?

How many have you seen?

I'm waiting for the season sets, cable's too expensive. In the episodes I have seen, it was the villians crippling the Enterprise, not a mechanical malfunction.

I didn't say Malfunction, I said trouble. Either way though there's more to the series then what you may think from the couple of episodes you have seen.

Well I suppose that Starfleet could being a massive Starship building campaign after season 3. TOS is about 100 years in the future from ENT which means that in 100 years Starfleet must build about 1700 starships. That works out to about 170 per year. Of course, in the first few years of mass production it would take longer for construction times. Even if it was one quarter of that we could have a little more than 40 ships by the end of season 4. You might be asking: why then is it taking years just to build the second and third ships? Well, perhaps Earth just isn't putting resources into it because they don't feel the need, but after the Expanse ordeal they might reconsider how truly important having ships are! Just an idea!

Well, perhaps Earth just isn't putting resources into it because they don't feel the need, but after the Expanse ordeal they might reconsider how truly important having ships are!  Just an idea!

They might be building star ships while Enterprise is in the Expanse. They might arrive to find a whole fleet of vessel's. I wouldn't bet on a 40 ship fleet just yet. It owuld make sense that massive ship production would insue after the formation of the Federation. Who knows the first hundred or so might be Vulcan and Andorian vessels kept to serve in the defense fleet.

The Romulans shouldn't be the main focus, but a shadowy threat to the humans for the next several years while ENT focuses on Earth/Vulcan/Andorian relations. I'd like that. Sneak attacks that the audience was aware were instigated by Romulans, but not the characters.

i like the idea of having the remans instead of the romulans, if they have the romulans the producers are going to run into tonnes of problems, itll b intresting to see how it goes

These are all good ideas, but I thought that the Human/Vulcan/Andorian alliance was suppose to be a result of the Romulan war who found the UFP after defeating their common enemy.

Good point. But in a way the humans and vulcans already have an alliance. Perhaps, the Romulan war forces them to work together more. After the war maybe they say to each other "Wow, we work good together. We should form a permanent alliance." Feasible?