Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

STARTREKFANS.NET now on Google

Google rules when it comes to search engines. That is fantastic! If there is one place to be it is on Google!!!

cool, but hey i use lycos, whats so much better about google.

What's so much better? We're listed on Google that's what :wow:

ok i deserved that one. but i think you know what i meant by the question. i just hear a lot of people say do a google, but i always had good luck with lycos. so i was wondering is their something different about it or just another name, but this one has us on it.

cool, but hey i use lycos, whats so much better about google.

What's so much better? We're listed on Google that's what :wow:

ok i deserved that one. but i think you know what i meant by the question. i just hear a lot of people say do a google, but i always had good luck with lycos. so i was wondering is their something different about it or just another name, but this one has us on it.

I've heard that Google runs on a new kind of search sotftware that is supposedly better then all the other search engines. I myself use Yahoo more often then Google. Google is on the Portal page only because that's the only option I am given in the portal setup tool. In all honesty, I don't see a lot of difference in Google and Yahoo (Other then the fact that we are in Google and not in Yahoo yet).

That’s good!

Hopefully in the future we will clime up the #s to be on the first page, but where we are now is great!

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

Cool!!! That will hopefully help get more members!!!

Also, the reason Google is considered better than Yahoo is that Google lists pages by links rather than the number of times your search word appears. For example:

You search for "battery"

On Google:

Website with 1000 links to it.

Website with 1000 mentions of "battery"

On Yahoo:

Website with 1000 mentions of "battery"

Website with 1000 links to it.

Google then favors sites people recommened more by linking to it. I think Google is better than the other search engines.