Sign in to follow this  
Stelfan

The new T'Pol

I think that T'Pol is the character that has had the most development this season, and I love where they are going with her!

We have already seen the typical Vulcan so many times, and I found her boring before since she was just like any other Vulcan. However now she is becoming so much more interesting with all her buried emotions coming to the surface.

What are your thoughts on T'Pol and her developing to be more human?

I think the development of T'Pol is interesting. Some of the Bashers say it's straying from what we know Vulcans to be... Emotionless but the reality is that Vulcans aren't emotionless they are just well disciplined in controlling them. Many times in the past we have seen Vulcans show glimmers of emotion. Spock's excuse was that he is half human but what about Sarek? He showed emotion in ST III when it came time to find Spock's body and bring him back to life. In TNG's "Sarek" we saw his emotions come out both in the form of Sarek and in the form of Picard after they had melded.

So this development seems logical to me, though I don't think they should make a weekly habit out of having her seduce someone or break down crying.

Caring about captian Archer (THE Tear Says a lot )

I think the development of T'Pol is interesting. Some of the Bashers say it's straying from what we know Vulcans to be... Emotionless but the reality is that Vulcans aren't emotionless they are just well disciplined in controlling them. Many times in the past we have seen Vulcans show glimmers of emotion. Spock's excuse was that he is half human but what about Sarek? He showed emotion in ST III when it came time to find Spock's body and bring him back to life. In TNG's "Sarek" we saw his emotions come out both in the form of Sarek and in the form of Picard after they had melded.

So this development seems logical to me, though I don't think they should make a weekly habit out of having her seduce someone or break down crying.

I agree, it seems rather forced when ever T'pol shows emotion. She also didn't ease into it, it was like one episode she all of a sudden was emotional, and no one on enterprise seems to notice it, oh well.

I agree, it seems rather forced when ever T'pol shows emotion. She also didn't ease into it, it was like one episode she all of a sudden was emotional, and no one on enterprise seems to notice it, oh well.

I think we have seen some signs of it here and there throughout this season. And it is logical that it would take a really dramatic experience for the bubble to really burst and her emotions to surface.

The tear she let out shows when valcans meet humans. they were not as they seem

I think we have seen some signs of it here and there throughout this season. And it is logical that it would take a really dramatic experience for the bubble to really burst and her emotions to surface.

I find your reasoning logical :wow:

I like what they're doing...T'pol is the first Vulcan to spend so much

one on one contact with Humans, without support from her own kind...

they can do what they want with her emotions and it won't screw up

any timeline...at least not for me :dude:

I think the character delelopment of T'Pol has been good this season. She certainly has come a long way from when she first boarded Enterprise..I like that they have shown her emotional side from time to time..Vulcans do have emotions, they just control them. I only hope that they don't show her emotions every week..That would be a mistake..

I, too, love the road they are taking with T'Pol. I attribute it to 1) the confined quarters with humans, 2) her willingness to explore herself, 3) the effects of P'nar Syndrome and 4) the reality that Vulcans have emotions.

The last is the one that seems most difficult to accept, but not every Vulcan can be or is a monk, diplomat or conservative. The race is as diverse as any other we've come to know and love in the ST universe.

As I've heard said, Sarek is fully Vulcan. He fell in love with human women. There is no logical reason to do so. Therefore, the only reasonable argument for this is that he was emotionally drawn to them.

This is only one example...but I think it applies to the point.

I just hope they keep it up...and do more of this type of development with the others (namely Hoshi and Mayweather). Just MHO...

:dude:

But I think T'pol has no control....

I mean come on....

Even during mating, we see them in control...

T'pol doesn't do that...

She strips and startsit...

No fingers we see in STIII