Sign in to follow this  
Captain Holland

Livingston the fish

Well, Picards fish, Livingston. is always just smimming around back there.

Click for Spoiler:

ed-readyroom.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised if he actually was in command of the Enterprise. Secretly giving Picard orders. :P What do you think?

Yes, as we learned in one of master_q's trivia sessions, it is an Australian lion fish and was named for Star Trek producer-director David Livingston.

I'm sure it provided some emotional and moral support for Picard during stressful situations. I always wondered what became of the poor guy during the crash of the Enterprise-D in Generations.

The fish tank was trashed at the end of the movie...  Maybe Riker was inspecting the ready room, saw the leaking tank, and rescued the fish in the nick of time? :P

Maybe. Livingston was there from Farpoint to Generations, I'd be a shame if he died.

Edited by Captain Holland

Livingstone.. I didn't know that was the name of the fish, did they explain that in an episode? Can't remember..

I believe they never said the name in an episode, but it was mentioned in some books about TNG. They named the fish after David Livingston (Line Producer??? of TNG) if my memory is correct. ;)

I love that fish!!! ;)

Mrs. Captain Picard

The fish tank was trashed at the end of the movie...  Maybe Riker was inspecting the ready room, saw the leaking tank, and rescued the fish in the nick of time? :dude:

Maybe. Livingston was there from Farpoint to Generations, I'd be a shame if he died.

Click for Spoiler:

av-812.jpg

Indeed, may Crewmember Livingston the fish live on to the Enterprise-J!!! :assimilated:

Click for Spoiler:

desert7.jpg

tzintro1-1.giftzintro1-2.giftzintro2.giftzintro3.gif

:lol: :assimilated::dude: :lol:

doctorwho42avenger@hotmail.com

Doctor Who official website

Doctor Who: The Best Links

USS Aurora NX-19 of the year 2154 AD

The Adventures of drwho42 continues....

320x240.jpg

announce.jpg

'And Now For Something Completely Different....'-Announcer

Monty Python's Flying Circus

aurora.jpg

Edited by drwho42

I think that Livingston is acctually a super-smart fish, but no one 'cause fish can't talk. But, Picard knows about his fish's intelligence because Livingston is capable of communicating telepathically, but he only talks to Picard, 'cause he doesn't like anyone else. And Picard is secretly scheming to have Livingston replace Riker!

I didn't know his name was Livingston :grin: . I always wondered who cleaned out his tank because I think Lion fish have poisonous spines and if you touch them your toast. :assimilated:

Edit because I still can't spell

Edited by Delta

How can they clean it? If I don't remember wrong the tank is built into the wall.. or?

Edited by Stelfan

Hmmm, I asked myself the same thing and I also came to the conclusion that the tank is cleaning itself.

Or they force a random red-shirt ensign to clean it. :grin:

Mrs. Captain Picard

How can they clean it? If I don't remember wrong the tank is built into the wall.. or?

The tank probably cleans itself

I wish my apartment would do that too.. :wow:

A topic about a fish?

is this what we are coming to?

Hmmm, don't know....

Livingston sure was cool though.... He never got enough airtime as did Spot or Porthos......lastresort.jpg42.gif

spin.gifThe Adventures of STF.net