Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

Startrek.net, The Building

In my head, I see, if this site were a real building.

You'd drive up to a huge wrought iron gate, where you'd have to give your password to a guard. Once admitted, you'd drive up a long straight entry road, where you'd first see the huge saucer-shaped building in the distance. As you got closer you'd see signs directing your parking, according to your rank. Once you've parked, all visitors and employees enter through the main door at the front of the building. Inside the front door, a booth, manned by a uniformed member asks you for your user name, and you register. You walk down the huge main hallway, the walls lined with portraits of past Starfleet Officers, to the center of the building. Once there, you'd find a kiosk, with a directory, also manned by a uniformed employee. The Main room, or homepage is located here. A huge spiral staircase is in the center, taking you to the upper levels, what's up there, I have no idea. Many hallways branch off this circular Main room, leading to chat rooms. Smaller hallways branch off them, like satellites, they are for PMing. At night a huge, blue flood light emmits a beam up to the heavens from the center of the roof. Small beams of light are constantly wizzing by your head the whole time your inside the building, these are the messages.

Feel free to add anything you see in your head, or change anything around, I don't care. If you can draw this on the computer, that'd be great too. I'd like to see this as a banner.

I had never thought of the boards in terms of a building but your description does sound intriguing. I just want to make sure that your image of the inside of the building has a real feeling of home to it. For me, STF is like a second home so any building has to reflect that.

i think STF.net is more like a mild suburban home, cause we are all family here. And just like a family home there is the basement(the games) the kitchen(off topic subjects) the living room(The Voting Booth) the porch( the homepage) the computer room(PM's) the coat rack/closet( New Members) the Den(chat) The Attic and the Upstairs bedrooms(everything else) and , of course, the TV(The Database) this is how i see STF.net, but, you can think of it however you want.

:biggrin:

Guest Ktrek

I see it like one of those Malaysian "longhouses". You know the really long house that's up on stilts in the jungle and they just keep adding rooms as the community grows. They are very friendly people and very "community' minded because their survival depends on one another. Here's an article on longhouses:

Longhouses

Here is a couple pictures of longhouses:

Pictures of longhouses

Or a space station! :biggrin:

Ktrek

I think of Startrekfans.net as an old-style future metropolis..... Although whether or not it is just as busy and large is up to someone else to decide.....

Click for Spoiler:

desert7.jpg

:vbg: :biggrin: :huh: :huh:

doctorwho42avenger@hotmail.com

Doctor Who official website

Doctor Who: The Best Links

USS Aurora NX-19 of the year 2154 AD

The Adventures of drwho42 continues....

320x240.jpg

announce.jpg

'And Now For Something Completely Different....'-Announcer

Monty Python's Flying Circus

aurora.jpg

I think it would look like a giant voy-era combadge

you wouldnt have to park because they would trasport you to a giant central lobby and your car to a giant storage structure then you would register at a front desk and they would transport you to a room that would be lit by a single blue ambiant lighsource and a chair would fold up from the store then once you sit down a hologrphic "keyboard" would appear and then the wall would be a giant interface for the website!

Very interesting, the beam of light could come up out of the ground.

I'm thinking flagship of the Federation fleet instead of a building....