Sign in to follow this  
Matt

Actors - post Star Trek

I was just thinking about the various actors whom have had success in their acting career since they left their series/movie of Star Trek. There's not really a lot. The ones that come to mind are: Patrick Stewart, William Shatner, Jeri Ryan, Armin Shimerman, Christian Slater. Can't think of any more at the moment, add who you think and how they've been successful.

Brent Spiner has done well in plays, TV, and movies. He starred in the Broadway revival of "1776", was in the movies "Introducing Dorothy Dandridge", "The Master of Disguise", and "Out to Sea", and the TV shows "Law and Order: Criminal Intent", Friends", and "Joey". (And Enterprise.)

Brent Spiner has done well in plays, TV, and movies. He starred in the Broadway revival of "1776", was in the movies "Introducing Dorothy Dandridge", "The Master of Disguise", and "Out to Sea", and the TV shows "Law and Order: Criminal Intent", Friends", and "Joey". (And Enterprise.)

312485[/snapback]

Pretty much what I was going to say :P

Nana Visitor (I hope thats the way to spell it) was in Chicago and few other things Alexander Siddig was in a couple of movies and a few other things

Leonard Nimoy did some directing - got a lot of acclaim for Three Men and a Baby, Jonathan Frakes also has been a successful director. Others who have turned to directing - Lavar Burton, Robert Duncan McNeill and Roxann Dawson.

I think Kate Mulgrew has also had a lot of stage success.

I think Patrick Stewart has had the most noticeable career because of the X Men.

John De Lancie has kept quite busy although he was busy before Trek in a variety of roles. Terry Farrell has also done well, she was on a sitcom for some time.

Marina Sirtis and Michael Dorn both seem to be making a number of low budget and direct to video movies. Michael Dorn was directing a little too. Wil Wheaton has gotten back into acting a little but he is having success as an author now. Gates McFadden hasn't really done anything other than the TNG movies since the series ended. And regarding Brent Spiner, don't forget he just signed on to play a recurring character in the new series Threshold.

Rene Auberjonois is on Boston Legal - the same series as William Shatner is currently in. Nicole DeBoer in Dead Zone. Colm Meaney has been quite busy including a part in a new Fox series that he just signed on to do.

While some Trek actors get some minor work in B movies and such (not including Trek actors who were very successful before Trek i.e. Patrick Stewart,William Shatner, Rene Auberjoinis), most former Trek actors eke out an existence by appearing at cons just about every weekend.

I just recently watched "Conspiracy Theory" on VHS, featuring Mel Gibson and Julia Roberts. Its a great flick, and it did feature a ST actor, none other than Patrick Stewart. He played the "heavy" role as Dr. Jonas, programming people to be assassins. Sort of like "The Bourne Identity" with Matt Damon. << Another great film. :P

*Jeri Ryan now stars in Boston Public and Armin Shimerman also had a guest role in that show. I also spotted Armin in an episode of E.R last year.

*Patrick Stewart was in the movie, Conspiracy Theory and of course both X-Men movies.

*Michael Dorn did a voice over in the animated program 'I am Weasel"

*Denise Crosby had a small role in 2 X-Files episodes (season 8)

*Wil Weaton was a main character in the movie, Toy Soildiers (was this made during TNG?? Not too sure about that)

*Terry Farell starred in the sitcom, Becker for a few years. I also saw her in a movie about a plane that was hijacked - can't remember the name.

*Avery Brooks did the narration for some nature program I was watching about a month ago - I can't remember what it was called!!

*Gates McFadden was in an episode of Party of Five.

*William Shatner did some voice overs on Fututama.

*Kate Mulgrew starred in the play about Katherine Hepburn: Tea at Five.

*Andrew. J Robinson was in an episode of The X-Files (Trevor: season 6)

* Penny Johnson starred in 24, E.R and an episode of The X-Files (season 8)

*Robert Picardo was in a few episodes of Stargate SG1. He was also in a episode of E.R (season 2 - this may have been before or even during Voyager though so it doesn't really count)

*Whoopi Goldberg was in the Sister Act movies, of course.

*Rosalind Chao was in an episode of Without a Trace, E.R (season 5) and the movie, Freaky Friday.

Wow!! I managed to think of heaps!! I can't think of any others but I'm sure there are more.......

Madam Captain out!