Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jaz4stfguy

The Jaz Files

Hello, My membership name is "jaz4debo", but you may call me "jaz", or "hey you!" if you like - j/k! I see that Ace is considering changing his, so I thought perhaps that I would explain the origin of mine. "Jaz" is actually the nickname of our dog, a golden retriever. Jazmine Jade is her full name. She is my pal, even though at times I swear she's a few bricks shy a full load - LOL! Or, the elevator went up, but no one was there... you get the idea. Anyway, the "debo" part is a tag given me by a fellow co-worker. Maybe he meant "Devo" as in the group who made the song "Whip it" popular. I seem to remember an album cover where the band members wore raincoats and had flower pots on their head...? Whatever.

The number "4" just seemed to fit, and there you have it. For what its worth.

I hope to share little tidbits of knowledge or wisdom (in some cases, the lack thereof..LOL :lol: ) that I've gleaned in the past forty-some-odd years.Stay tuned.

As always, Jaz :pepsi:

I love my Diet Mountain Dew...I do, I do, I do ( remember that ABBA song?)

Hey, jaz! :lol: Just popped in to say hi :) . I'm glad to know what your screen name is all about now.

(In my log I was talking about that part that says Admiral, btw)

Thanks , Ace :thumbup:

I'm normally not up this late (or early), but having trouble sleeping. Later today, OHSA is making a "consultation" visit. For those of you who don't know, OSHA is a federal safety agency - Occupational Safety and Health Administration. Usually when OSHA comes to call, its to "enforce [their word]" safety rules and practices. And It usually means someone called in with a complaint. I don't think that is the case, but what do I know, I only work there - LOL! I have never seen so much scurrying about, stuff that has sat around collecting dust is gone - to the dumpster, or? I don't know. My immediate supervisor can be a real SOB , and this is just the sort of thing to make him go ballistic - and I dread going to work. I guess I had better pray extra hard. I've asked my wife to intercede in prayer for me. Could be a very long day - gulp!

The visit by OSHA went ok, I didn't see any heads rolling about anyway! LOL!

I've been away for a few days. Had some domestic issues that needed my undivided attention. Now, it's hockey season - summer version - once again. My son Luke is in the Peewee level, and at this level the players are allowed to "check", or in other words its full contact. He already has evidence of that on his arm! I've been trying to follow the Olympics. Our first basketball game with Puerto Rico - embarrassing! Where's Kevin Garnett when you need him? The swimming and gymnastics have been fun to watch. I would like to watch the women's softball game, but its at 2:00 am! And I don't have a blank VHS tape. Rats! Nonetheless, I hope to resume regular postings. Including a couple of RPG threads.

Have you ever asked yourself "where do I want to be 5 years from now?" or something to that effect? I did today in regards to work. I would like very much to be working somewhere else. I don't see any way of advancement within my department, and I don't know any other department that I would transfer to for which I'm qualified. I would like to go back to school - I'm 45 - so that is an option. It' s just that I don't have the time, even for one class. Our department - the warehouse/receiving - has been on overtime since last Christmas. Sure, the money is good. I was able to replace my sickly van for something nicer. But I'm sooo tired, mentallly and physically. Oftentimes I'll go to work with only 4-5 hours of sleep. Why? That's for another post. It appears that I need to take a hard, honest look at my daily routine. Then, to set new priorities - especially sleep. Wow! I'm watching the Twins vs the Yankees, and the Yanks are getting spanked big time. :bow::clap: !! Enough chatter for now. Your comments and advice are most welcome :) . Jaz :pepsi:

I was just in the chat room. A lot of fun, I'm encouraged to try the message board trivia. Like an open book test, or so I am told.

Work today was a real downer. It seems that I have lapses in concentration, for I find myself doing things wrong that I know how to do but stilll slip up. So often times I get in a hurry, with several things going on at once, fielding ??s, answering the phone, or unloading a semi. I work in a warehouse, BTW. I recall my mom telling me over and over about "taking one day at a time." I think at times that I panic when I look at the upcoming week. But enough of this .

We, my wife and son, are probably going shopping tomorrow. Luke, my Peewee hockey player, seems to think he needs "new" gear, as in a stick and gloves. He's saved enough for the Eagle-style gloves (pricey!) and hopes we'll "help " him with a stick - a composite type by Mission ( I think) . Whether we do or not remains to be seen, but it doesn't cost to look. My wife has her regular stop at Wal-Mart, and I may go to Gander Mountain and look at fishing stuff. Or whatever. Either way, it's good for me to get out of town for a while. Just taking a long drive seems restful for me, especially with some oldies music! Elvis Presley, for example, is a favorite of mine. Maybe I can figure out how ddillard was able to play music on his post, and give you all a sample of " the King". Haha!

:rockon: :dude:

Well, Luke got his Eagle gloves, and a new stick - he helped with $, as he has done a lot of mowing and babysitting. My wife picked up a new printer/scanner from Target for $60. I hope to have it hooked up soon, so that I may include photos with my entries and posts. So what does Jaz really look like? Hmm.. the mystery continues...LOL! Another Monday of work is past. I seem to dread Mondays. The rest of the week seems to go by ok. Time to go stuff my face; perhaps its pizza tonight. Jaz :pepsi:

I can only see the very top of it.  B) 

256773[/snapback]

(Same here. B) )

Ok, folks. I'm going to try posting it again. Else, RC has offered to compress it for me. Thanks.

Eureka! It worked!! Why? Duh, I don't know. I did crop it some, BTW.

This is my son, Luke. Since this photo, he has cropped his hair. LOL! :innocent:

I had so much fun with that last photo, I'll try another one. Here goes.....

This is Jazmine Jade. Sorry about the eyes. No red-eye, tho :innocent:

I tried using Microsoft Paint to edit the eyes with dots, then glasses. Nah,.. too weird. I'm not very artistic; I am more of a dot-to-dot guy. LOL!

Great pics :hug:

258107[/snapback]

Thanks, RC! :picard-sith:

It was a scorcher at work today. I work in a warehouse: operate a forklift, perform quality control procedures, count parts, stuff like that. When I left work, the thermometer read 90 degrees, inside the building - that doesn't include the heat index with the added humidity. I think that was at 60-65%. Yowser! Whenever I would go into the office, which isn't often, it was as if I stepped into a walk-in freezer! Tomorrow doesn't promise to be any better. I best stock up on bottled water and Gatorade. Thankfully, its Thursday. Luke wants to "do something" for his last night of summer vacation - in other words, go fishing. I've been up since 4:30 am, and I would just as soon "chill out". So we're going to watch a few episodes of "Bonanza" on DVD. Fishing will have to wait until the weekend. This being the Labor Day weekend, we'll have an extra day for that, or a trip out of town to go to a movie or do some "guy" shopping, as in Gander Mountain or Home Depot. There may be another useful tool for me to check out. :inlove:

I'm going to try posting a song...here goes....

I'm not so sure this worked the way I wanted it to. Whatever. I'm tired.

I did this with VBG in mind, but I don't know if it worked properly.

It appears that I had the entire CD loaded. No wonder that it took so long to download! I'll have to experiment with this another day. Sorry!!

I deleted the attachment . I didn't want to download the whole thing, anyway.

I finally sat in on a chat session with a celebrity! It was about James Doohan, or Scotty. I posted a ? about Scotty. He was loved by more than just the Trekkie crowd. It was very moving, for me anyway. Master_Q did a fine job hosting the program. I want to try it again. Now to tackle a few trivia ??....hmm..ok!

:) Until next time, "may all your days be circus days."

Sorry. I had to correct a typo before the Grammar Police ::Jeanway:: found it.

:b-day:

How about a joke :: Packer fans, ignore this one; haha :): here goes:

Did you here the one about the new Minnesota Zoo? They put a fence around Lambeau Field! ::ok, so maybe that's not so funny::

:b-day: I will try to find a better one.

Nothing really earthshattering to tell... My 3-day weekend came and went. I've not been feeling well. Backpain mostly. Today its been moreso in my leg. My wife, a nurse BTW, thinks it may be bursitis. Oh goody, more drugs to take! j/k! Luke went fishing without me. He's quite a kid. Gotta go. My job begins earlier tomorrow. One thing about early, is that I can see some celestial displays. Venus is sure bright when the Moon is absent. :huh:

Went fishing today with Luke. Great weather, but not so great luck. I guess we had some "quality time" together, anyway. One of my older sons is going active duty army next month. He'll be attached to a local National Guard unit during boot camp and AIT - his school for his chosen career field, in this case infantry. He plans to go on to jump school and then, if all goes well, he will then transfer to regular Army status. He will be at FT. Benning, GA for 16 weeks, then the other schools are at the same post. He is very excited. My wife is worried, as any mom would be. I am glad he has this chance to discover more about himself, to develop good habits, and most importantly, to develop a good self-image and greater confidence. There are some who may "pooh pooh" the military, and they are entitled to their opinions; its a free country, and "amen" to that! I would like to attend his graduation from basic training. Time will tell. For those of you who read this post, and believe in the power of prayer, please remember him in your prayers. His name is Seth. Thanks! Jaz :tank:

Boy, did it ever rain today! I put out a rain gauge on the deck just before the rain began, which was 5:30 pm. At the same time today, I checked the gauge, and was I surprised! Four inches! Crazy!! Lots of flash flooding and landslides in the area. But it looks as if the rain has finished for a while. Moderate temps are predicted for tomorrow. It should make another day at work more bearable.

Today was one of those days where I came close to "throwing in the towel" . Our company really would benefit from better organization, and, especially, communicating with other departments. So often it seems like a chaotic mess. Today, for example, the warehouse needed to move large pallets outside to another building. Meanwhile, another department, sheetmetal, decides to set up a huge light fixture in the very same area that I needed to get into! Stressed? Frustrated?? You bet I was! :) There is a program where companies can be certified as ISO 9000. Its "document what you do, then do what you document" type of organizing business. There is a huge chasm between where my company is and to be ISO certified! Boy, howdy! :) :)

The weather has been delightfully pleasent in this neck of the woods - southern Minnesota. This past weekend I did some yard work while my son Luke mowed the lawn. The leaves have begun to fall - argh! - so I took time to rake up a bagful. One less bag to rake later on! I trimmed some of the shrubbery and trees. No fishing this weekend. I helped with hockey registration for the mites this year. I was in the equipment room fitting the kids with "breezers"' a type of pant with padding to protect the player. I also handed out jerseys. I still need to register Luke for the Peewee level. There may be two groups this year, an "A" and a "B" , and we will be playing somewhere around 40 games. There will no doubt be alot of traveling, including weeknights. We will have a home tournament this year, but I don't know the date. We will attend a couple of tournaments as well. Looks like I need to keep my appointment book ::LOL! I don't have one anyway!:: open for the next few months! :rolleyes:

I understand! I have 3 youglings myself! Can make a persone wacko > :unsure:

But you gotta love em <_< the kids allot.

I hate raking leaves! :rolleyes:

I understand! I have 3 youglings myself! Can make a persone wacko > :(

But you gotta love em :laugh: the kids allot.

I hate raking leaves! :blink:

265568[/snapback]

Hi Airies! Thanks for the reply. So you hate to rake leaves, too? And you're from Kansas... um, I was there for a visit to Wichita some years ago:: I went to seek work at Boeing Aircraft - they went on strike shortly before I arrived! Needless to say, I didn't get a job:: I discovered that your state is very windy! My question is: do you even need to rake the leaves? :( j/k

Another evening at the hockey rink. Luke's team is in second place:: w00t, w00t! :: out of four teams. The teams consist of both boys and girls in both the Peewee and Bantam levels of skill. His team lost tonight, unfortunately. He is a real go-getter, a scrapper, my son is. Many of the other players, girls included, are bigger so he gets a few checks into the wall. Last week, a player flipped him head over heals with his stick. Luke landed on the ice helmet first then slammed into the boards! Ouch! He sat out a shift, then finished playing, although I could see he was in pain. Afterwards, he was unable to lift his hockey bag, so I took him to the ER. I fretted that I was being a "nervious Nellie" but I also knew that if I didn't take him in , I wouldn't be able to sleep. After a very thorough check-up, the doctor ordered blood and urine samples, plus a CT scan of Luke's head. Thankfully, nothing turned up but evidence of some congestion in his sinuses. Hallelujah! Now the bill - :b-day::b-day: