Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Takara_Soong

Official Star Trek Convention - Las Vegas, NV

Robert Beltran and Tiny Ron have both canceled for the con. Hope everyone else can attend.

Checking the weather for Las Vegas and the high temperature should be around 103 the whole time we're there. It will dip down into the mid 80's at night...

I visited Mike's (SpaceTigger) site, Beyond Antares, and he'll be attending the con as usual. I hope to see him there. He will try doing updates this year on his site.

If we can get to a working computer, or get our computer working, I'll try to give updates. We're staying at a timeshare rather than hotel, so we'll see how it goes. Otherwise I'll do some reports afterward...

Mike's been bubbling over about the con for about a month now on Facebook...lol

I will definitely tell him Hi, Bethlehem, from his many friends here.

And yes, Kor, Mike is certainly psyched for this convention! He may be posting convention updates on Facebook also.

I visited Mike's (SpaceTigger) site, Beyond Antares, and he'll be attending the con as usual. I hope to see him there. He will try doing updates this year on his site.

I kind of checked out his site, his page looks good. I did not register, I don't have that much time too spend on a computer and I really like this site. Maybe in the winter when things slow down.

I had no idea that Beyond Antares was still up! I haven't heard anything from that site in years!

I posted a little info on the Day One Las Vegas con thread. Will post more here later. HAve seen Mike (ST) a few times. He participated in the successful setting of the new Guiness World record for most people in Trek costumes Saturday morning. Con fun but tiring.

Yeah, we've heard from Mike several times a day but not much from you. Glad you're having a great time!

Yeah, we've heard from Mike several times a day but not much from you. Glad you're having a great time!

which post have you heard? I have not yet found it.

which post have you heard? I have not yet found it.

On Facebook, Bethlehem.

DrWho42, glad to hear you'll be there! Have you attended this convention before?
Nope, first time.

Rats, I am not into Facebook

You might want to give it a try. All those people that never come here anymore? Thats where you'll find them.

Well, con is over. Was a lot of fun. Sunday was excellent with Patrick Stewart and Brent Spiner on separately and then together on stage. Very fun!

Went to Valley of Fire State Park Monday. Beautiful and relaxing. Highly recommend it.

Will report more when I get home.

You might want to give it a try. All those people that never come here anymore? Thats where you'll find them.

Does TUH use facebook, do you know?

I don't know if she does or not. It would be kind of hard to locate her not knowing her real name but I'd love to catch up with her!

I don't know if she does or not. It would be kind of hard to locate her not knowing her real name but I'd love to catch up with her!

Thanks Kor, shows how little I know.

Athena, are there any details you can give us on appearances and comments made?

Hey, everybody. Remember me? It's been a while, hasn't it..or did anyone notice?...Anyway, I attended the Vegas con. I met Jennifer Lien, my Voyager fave, for the first time in many years. I also met for the very first time Garrett, Ethan, and Bob Picardo. I encountered John DeLancie-twice-out in the hotel, as well as an 'elevator encounter' with Neelix himself, TWO encounters-in-passing with the wonderful Avery Brooks, and, while not a Niner, wow, did he impress me. Nice guy. You Niners are lucky. They had a nice collection of Trek/Sf guests in the dealer's room, like ''Apollo'' Richard Hatch, and ''Boomer'' Herb Jefferson, whom I chatted with, along with most all the rest.It was PACKED on Sunday for Patrick Stewart, and Brent. Absolutley packed.....

Welcome back Voyager Recruit! Glad you're back and it's great you got to attend the Vegas Con! I had not seen Jennifer Lein before either, nor Jeri Ryan.

The Trek/SF guests in the dealers room are always great to see and visit with. I found Richard Hatch to be great to talk to, as well as Sally Kellerman.

What else did you enjoy, Voyager recruit?

I'm using this thread since there seem to be no links for 2011 Conventions.

The 2011 Las Vegas Star Trek Con guest lineup is still being put together but looks very interesting:

William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, Sir Patrick Stewart, Brent Spiner, George Takei, Grace Lee Whitney TOS, James Darren, Terry Farrell - Dax DS9, Dominic Keating - ENT, Connor Trinneer ENT, JG Hertzler, Rene Auberjonois - Odo DS9, Yvonne Craig - Marta TOS, Ethan Phillips, Garrett Wang, Vaughn Armstrong ENT, Casey Biggs DS9, Lee Meriwether - Losira TOS, Robin Curtis - Lt Saavik, Denise Crosby - Tasha/Sela, author David Gerrold, Beverly Washburn - Arlene Galway TOS, Jack Donner Tal TOS, Lee Delano - Kalo TOS, Charles Dierkop - Moria TOS, Bobby Clark "The Gorn" TOS, Michael Barrier - DeSalle TOS, Kate Mulgrew, David Warner- STVI - Chancellor Gorkon, TNG Gul Madred, Nichelle Nichols Lt. Uhura, Walter Koenig - Chekov, Jonathon Frakes - Riker, John De Lancie - "Q", Gwynyth Walsh as B'Etor, Barbara March as Lursa, Robert O'Reilly as Gowron, Nana Visitor - Major Kira, Michael Forest - "Apollo" TOS, Max Grodenchik, - Rom DS9, Armin Shimerman - Quark DS9, Jeffrey Combs - Shran ENT/Weyoun DS9, Suzie Plakson, "Female Q" VOY/K'Ehleyr/Lt. Selar, M.D. TNG, Eric Menyuk - "The Traveler" TNG, Olivia d'Abo - Amanda Rogers TNG, Charlie Brill - "Arnie Darvin" TOS/VOY, Loiuse Sorel - Rayna TOS, Steve Marlo - Zabo TOS, Joseph Ruskin - Gait TOS/ Vulcan Master VOY/ Suliban Doctor ENT, Robert Brown - Lazarus TOS, William Schallert - Nilz Baris TOS, Clint Howard - Balok TOS - more guests to be announced

Probably not going to Vegas but I will attend Shore Leave here in Baltimore. This year we have John De Lancie, Gary Lockwood and Sally Kellerman!