Sign in to follow this  
Voyager recruit

The next great Trek villain is.....?

In the same vein as my thread ''Hollywood Captain'', why not one which poses the question, ''Who would you love to see play the adversary of a next-captain?'' There are some actors on both screens who could well do the job. What's your take? One off the top of my head is Gary Oldman...

Edited by Voyager recruit

Gary Oldman is a great choice, especially considering he revels in cinematic villainy. I also could picture Mickey Rourke as a Klingon and even Hector Elizondo as a cutthroat Romulan. I wouldn't rule out someone like Marc Alaimo or Frank Langella being great villains in a trek film, after all they have the history with the franchise of putting forth solid efforts.

Especially the last two. Frank has that particular voice....be interesting to see Marc create another dark character-but Dukat-almost-almost, reformed..but, like Al Pacino...""They pulled me back in''....Hoo-hah! Gotta say, trek vet vill Malcolm McDowell could still do the badguy thing...but in prosthesis-or with dark hair!

Gary Oldman is still my first choice. The guy has a tremendous reach as an actor. I don't think he played a "serious" villan yet. He was Zorn in the 5th Element and some of his other characters are morally ambiguous although not "bad" per se, but I could see him pulling it off. Plus the guy does well in makeup and disguises.

Gary Oldman is still my first choice. The guy has a tremendous reach as an actor. I don't think he played a "serious" villan yet.

Did you see Air Force One. I tend to think of him as evil incarnate after seeing that.

I am in some dark, dank, cold, fearsome place. I am bound to a chair by chains, and I am bloodied, suffering with awful pain...and the door creaks open. A man comes in. garbed in a black cloak. He reaches up with an almost-clawlike hand, to pull back its hood. I think it is Death...but I can only pray that were true, as he is revealed...smiling, in a gaunt face, beneath eyes, that bear...madness. ''Hello'' he greets me, in a very British voice...and the smile broadens so, as to send a shiver down my spine, that has nothing to do with the cold. ''Shall we have some fun?''...and it's Gary Oldman as.....my doom.....

Gary Oldman is still my first choice. The guy has a tremendous reach as an actor. I don't think he played a "serious" villan yet.

Did you see Air Force One. I tend to think of him as evil incarnate after seeing that.

You see? That's my point! He is so good I didn't even recognize him as the actor.

You see? That's my point! He is so good I didn't even recognize him as the actor.

He wasn't exactly a good guy in Dracula either.