Sign in to follow this  
Voyager recruit

Time tripping....

I don't know. There are so many interesting times although some are more interesting to read about than to actually live through. I think I would prefer it choose the destination.

You're right-so many choices...but plenty of 'time'. Ouch. That's probably one of those classic in-house jokes at the Temporal Integrity Office. Likely one such locale would not be, as referenced in Alan Dean Foster's story version of ''Yesteryear''(a fine ST:TAS tale) the Guardian's own past. I do wonder how many of us would be tempted to 'rework' our own pasts, by offering some advice to our past selves. But the likelihood is that, either we would end up making things worse! Or so it often happens in sf. ''A, leads to B, leads to C....'' ''Time travel. It gives me a headache...''

I do wonder how many of us would be tempted to 'rework' our own pasts, by offering some advice to our past selves. But the likelihood is that, either we would end up making things worse!

Too many of us would have the TNG episode Tapestry going through our heads and would probably be too afraid to interfer in our pasts. :lol:

If you could number those who would go back, and 'fix' things...well....there are probably as many grains on the sand of a beach....i'm waxing pretty philosophical. But then, it's almost five a.m., and I am wide awake....

There are many times in the past that I would love to be able to visit. I have to say though that I would have to restrict my travel to events that did not occur within my own lifetime to avoid temptation. Although I am fairly pleased with the way my life has turned out, there are a few things that I would be tempted to try to change even with the risk of messing up the time line, so therefore would not allow myself the temptation. I mean think about it, who would not be tempted to send yourself a note saying, "Hey, trust me play these numbers in the lottery for this week."