Sign in to follow this  
DrWho42

What if the Original BSG had a second season?

Battlestar Galactica: Year Two proposal

A pretty interesting read. Changes would include an increased emphasis on character and the loss of such characters as Sheba, Tigh and Baltar. Isaac Asimov had also agreed to be the creative consultant if the show had been picked up (and not in the Galactica 1980 form..).

Larson claims that the series' first (and only) season focused primarily on the fact that "people [were] moved by events, rather than the other way around". He asks, "What guiding light might we place on our bridge to pilot Galactica in a direction that starts with people whose interaction with events spell human commitment and involvement[?]"

I'd have sworn there was more than 1 season, I used to watch it when it was on and it just seemed like it was on for at least a couple of years.

I'd have sworn there was more than 1 season, I used to watch it when it was on and it just seemed like it was on for at least a couple of years.
There was Galactica 1980, which I guess could be considered BSG's second season (if you wanted to).

Galactica 1980

I love the episode summaries of what season two was going to be. They sound very interesting, especially discovering Cain survived. I can't picture Apollo being the wild one and Starbuck being in command, that would have been interesting.

I think I'm the only person that liked Galatica 1980. No, it is no where as good as the original, but the series got pretty good towards the end. I think it really had potential, but was cancelled to soon. I would have loved to have seen the episode where Starbuck gets rescued

I think I'm the only person that liked Galatica 1980

You very well may be..... :blink:

I would have loved to have seen the episode where Starbuck gets rescued

Starbuck did not get rescued. In "The Return of Starbuck" they make it sound that way from the title but it only meant an episode featuring the return of the character. The whole episode deals with Starbuck crashing and being marooned with a Cylon. He reprograms the Cylon and they become buddies. It is not mentioned that he ever got rescued but it is suggested that he didn't and lived the rest of his life alone on that planet. However, in a really far-fetched way, his "son" apparently makes it back to the fleet. Its too confusing to say how but you can get the episode on EBAY for next to nothing.

I have Galactica 1980 on DVD, what I was talking about was a future episode that was planned if the series wasn't cancelled. There was going to be an episode where Starbuck got rescued

I have Galactica 1980 on DVD, what I was talking about was a future episode that was planned if the series wasn't cancelled. There was going to be an episode where Starbuck got rescued

Oh ok. I hadn't heard about that. I assume that the fleet wouldn't rescue him since they were already years of travel away from his position. Its nice to know that the plan wasn't to keep him marooned for the rest of his life. I still wonder what happened to Apollo, though.

according to Galatica 1980, he died. People that you didn't see on G80 was mentioned to have died. Adama says something about how a lot of people have died. I don't think they ever come out and say it, but it is assumed that he was one of the ones that did

Edited by The Kryptonian

I am very curious to see Richard Hatch's material when he did a promotional trailer for trying to get a second season of BSG before the new series was on TV. Am not sure he is allowed to show it anymore but the photos online are interesting!