Sign in to follow this  
zipkirk1966

Happy 20th TNG

WOW it was 20 years ago that TNG first came on tv, some thought it would go nowhere it would be a flop but they were wrong. Thank you guys of TNG you did a great job I know I miss ya that's why I do the DVD's lol

Brian

I miss TNG as well... but I'm also glad that I have the DVDs. :laugh: (I can't believe the show's really 20 years old. :tribble: )

TNG was my favorite series (followed closely by DS9 and TOS) and I miss it, and the other TNG time period series DS9 and VOY. 20 years is a milestone to be saluted. Look at how young everyone looks in the first season however and it will make you realize that is has been 20 years! :tribble: Maybe when it's 25 or 30 years there will be a complete reunion of all cast members at a convention - I certainly hope so - that didn't happen this year because some are still busy with other projects.

I remember the night that it came on very well. I was working at a movie theater at the time but not that night, I was able to watch the first episode with my family. My father, who was a big TOS fan thought it was OK but it annoyed him that they stole the theme music from The Motion Picture.

I remember it too. I was pleasantly surprised that they used TMP music, but the way they edited the music to fit the credits really bugged me. It took several weeks to get used to it! :nono:

Frankly, I thought the first episode was kinda dull, and it took me a few weeks to really get into it. After a while, it became my favorite series (until Enterprise).

My father, who was a big TOS fan thought it was OK but it annoyed him that they stole the theme music from The Motion Picture.

I felt the same way when I first watched TNG. I remember thinking..."Couldn't they have come up with their own theme music? Why did they have to steal it from TOS?"

I remember feeling a bit ambivilant about the first episode. It got worse after watching the 2nd episode which was a clear rip-off of TOS. It grew on me after awhile though.

I remember feeling a bit ambivilant about the first episode. It got worse after watching the 2nd episode which was a clear rip-off of TOS. It grew on me after awhile though.

I felt the same way, I liked it but episode 2 being such an obvious rip-off as you say was annoying.

We watched every week regardless of how good (or bad) the episodes were and by Season 3 they were really getting good.

One thing that I remember my father saying was thet he didn't like Picard, he was too passive. Keep in mind though that TOS was his favorite series in the mid to late 60's. He always told me that there were only 2 shows that he couldn't miss and no matter what he was doing he'd stop to go home and watch. One was The Fugitive and the other was Star Trek.

He never really got into DS9, Voyager or Enterprise though. TNG kind of grew on him.