Sign in to follow this  
Vic

Original Series Gets New 'Doomsday Machine'

These episodes come on too late for me to watch because of work. Does anyone know when the CGI episodes are coming out on DVD? Has there been any word about that?

not that I know of, but I would buy it since I don't have any TOS DVDs. It being controlled by CBS, they would probably be cheaper than the TOS DVDs, especially since they don't know how well it would sell. TAS was released really cheap compared to the other seasons, so I have hopes for a release, and a cheap one at that!

TAS is the only series I have on dvd, only because someone gave it to me at Christmas. I really do want to get TOS on dvd, but when I do, I want the new enhanced version.

I was very impressed with the remastering of this episode. The CGI work in it is perfect. Plus, it's one of my personal favorites from the TOS.

I'm looking forward to my all-time favorite, "City on the Edge of Forever" to be re-mastered.

This episode has always been my favourite of the TOS. It was absolutely spectacular. They didn't mess with the Doomsday Machine itself too much, just more "alive" if I could say. Plus the Constellation looked terrible. What I mean is that it looked absolutely ripped apart, instead of looking like someone took a blowtorch to it. I still think the acting was great in the episode, I'm so glad to have caught it.

This episode has always been my favourite of the TOS. It was absolutely spectacular. They didn't mess with the Doomsday Machine itself too much, just more "alive" if I could say. Plus the Constellation looked terrible. What I mean is that it looked absolutely ripped apart, instead of looking like someone took a blowtorch to it. I still think the acting was great in the episode, I'm so glad to have caught it.

The Constellation looked as it should have. Like it got torn apart by something bigger than it. They really did a tremendous job on this episode.

TAS is the only series I have on dvd, only because someone gave it to me at Christmas. I really do want to get TOS on dvd, but when I do, I want the new enhanced version.

I recently got TOS on DVD, and of course they will come out with the remastered version for more money. They have done a good job with the effects, although as I have said on other topics, for me it's always been the story and relationships that attract me to TOS. And inserting some of the CGI people in the remastered version even far in the background is a bit much imo, though I understand how tempting it was to do.

This is also one of my favorite TOS episodes. William Windom is awsome as Commodore Decker - it's a real scenery chewing effort worthy of ... Kirk :mad1: I really enjoy this episode - there was a later treatment on the doomsday machine(s) in a novel I believe - and am glad more fans will get a chance to see and appreciate the story.

I recently got TOS on DVD, and of course they will come out with the remastered version for more money. They have done a good job with the effects, although as I have said on other topics, for me it's always been the story and relationships that attract me to TOS. And inserting some of the CGI people in the remastered version even far in the background is a bit much imo, though I understand how tempting it was to do.

This is also one of my favorite TOS episodes. William Windom is awsome as Commodore Decker - it's a real scenery chewing effort worthy of ... Kirk :mad1: I really enjoy this episode - there was a later treatment on the doomsday machine(s) in a novel I believe - and am glad more fans will get a chance to see and appreciate the story.

The NewVoyages group also made a sequel to "The Doomsday Machine" entitled "In Harm's Way". Its a great episode and it also features William Windom reprising his role as Decker!

The NewVoyages group also made a sequel to "The Doomsday Machine" entitled "In Harm's Way". Its a great episode and it also features William Windom reprising his role as Decker!

I watched that last month. It was nicely done.