Sign in to follow this  
emojams

new frontier books? anyone?

Okay, you got me here. I'm a huge fan of the New Frontier series and read all present 12 books in a one month period. I know that the 13th book is scheduled to come out this November but what is this you're saying about three new books? Please fill me in.

Okay, you got me here.  I'm a huge fan of the New Frontier series and read all present 12 books in a one month period.

Admiral Kirk Posted on Aug 11 2003, 08:19 AM

I've read a few and I've enjoyed them.

Xenexian, Admiral Kirk, I haven't read any of them but I would love to hear some juicy spoilers....

Okay, you got me here.  I'm a huge fan of the New Frontier series and read all present 12 books in a one month period.

Admiral Kirk Posted on Aug 11 2003, 08:19 AM

I've read a few and I've enjoyed them.

Xenexian, Admiral Kirk, I haven't read any of them but I would love to hear some juicy spoilers....

Sorry Alterego, but I'm one of those people who hate to give spoilers. I don't want to taint your perception of the books or characters. All I will tell you is that Peter David has done a marvelous job of combining charaters from TNG into this new aspect of the Federation. The plot lines, now 12 books long, are quite conplex and once you begin reading, I think you'll find that the main character, Captain MacKenzie Calhoun, is a worthy inheritor of the Star Trek command chair. The willingness to use Federation might against those who would dare threaten him and his crew is refreshing to read in this era of PC, even in the Start Trek universe. Please pick one up and read and, if you're so inclined, do so from the beginning. You won't be disapointed.

Well ok I understand, it's just that I am so busy and my backlog of Trek reading is as long as my arm so I don't see myself getting to them by the time I'm 70 year's old. :bow: Thanks anyway! :dude:

I think the books are great I have posted a few times about the books as maybe the next star trek show or movie of the week but I now not of more than the next book coming out I wish they would hurry as the last one was a clifhanger and if three came out at once that would be great because I read one in about one sitting.