Sign in to follow this  
who

BATMAN BEGINS

Just saw it tonight on DVD. IMO, this is by far the best Batman movie. The origins of how he aquired his skills is in the martial arts. His equipment came from his company and is much more believable than that he developed it. The car is the best.

The psychological component of the interaction of fear, anger, and guilt was interesting.

I rate it a 5/5.

I know. I like it because it isn't cartoonish like the other movies. It's as if Batman really existed. :lol:

I know. I like it because it isn't cartoonish like the other movies. It's as if Batman really existed. :lol:

359013[/snapback]

I agree. I think with one's imagination comic books can be larger than life. With the previous Batman movies they tried to make them like a comic book and made them smaller than life. This movie is larger than life.

it was definitely a good movie a little disappointed no special features on the dvd unless you go to walmart and spend $25 to get the special edtion that has the second disk of bonus material. but other than that i can't wait for more batman.

tm :)

I've been a fan of the Bat my whole life.

I've been a big fan of the Comics, the animated series and the original bat movies.

I hate Batman & Robin.

When I went to see this flick at the movies, I didn't think it was all that crash hot. Though the car was friggin awesome, it didn't take my fancy as the Bat's first car.

My overall opinion was......

Ho Hum.

Yesturday I bought it on DVD and loved it!

I don't know why, but I found myself hooked!

Nothing will beat the original 2 movies with Mike Keeton.

But this movie comes pretty close to them.

I can't wait to see the others

the movie didn't have a good replay value to me. I loved it in theaters, but once you know everything that's going to happen, it looses the excitement. I think it's good, but after watching the DVD, it doesn't have the WOW factor that it used to

Just saw it tonight on DVD. IMO, this is by far the best Batman movie. The origins of how he aquired his skills is in the martial arts. His equipment came from his company and is much more believable than that he developed it. The car is the best.

The psychological component of the interaction of fear, anger, and guilt was interesting.

I rate it a 5/5.

359007[/snapback]

I have to agree. I've always liked the first Batman, and others were very poor for various reasons...But Batman Begins really is one of the best comic adaptions around, right up there with Ghost World, Superman: The Movie, Hellboy and Sin City.

I rate it a 5/5.

359007[/snapback]

I have to agree. I've always liked the first Batman, and others were very poor for various reasons...But Batman Begins really is one of the best comic adaptions around, right up there with Ghost World, Superman: The Movie, Hellboy and Sin City.

360317[/snapback]

I just watched it tonight, Whoo hoo Best Batman out there, awsome, very realistic

Batman Begins is the only Batman movie I didn't see in the theater. Actually I was too young to remember the first one (I was 6 or 7, not really paying attention) but my dad took me to the first two, and I saw the second two on my own.

Unlike many Batman fans (I call myself a fan, though I've never read the comics... I don't read comics, but I do watch movies), I don't prefer the first two (directed by Tim Burton and starring Michael Keaton). I actually prefer Batman Returns (directed by Joel Schoemacher (sp?) and starring Val Kilmer). Though it may not fit with Batman's traditional dark demeanor, I liked Kilmer's wittier portrayal of the Dark Knight, and the comedy elements. Batman and Robin sucked, and was probably Schwarzenegger's worst role. And George Clooney didn't impress me as Batman at all. It felt like they had too many villains for Batman Forever, and stuck the better ones there and the leftovers in Batman and Robin.

I had high and low hopes for Batman Begins. High, because it didn't have the silly Batman Forever/Batman and Robin look. It looked like a more serious Batman film, and that's the direction I wanted to see the series take. Low, because I generally don't like prequels. The best example of why I dislike prequels is Star Wars Episode I. Why do they have double ended lightsabers and sleek, awesome ships, when they only have the singular lightsabers and clunkers of ships some 30 years later? It doesn't make sense. But Batman Begins didn't fall into this trap - much. Gotham City was a lot more detailed, a lot more intricate, in this prequel, as was the Batsuit. Other than that, it felt like a good prequel.

I would highly recommend Batman Begins for Batman fans, comic book fans, and fans of action films, psychological-type films, and for those of you who like good special/visual effects.

The best example of why I dislike prequels is Star Wars Episode I. Why do they have double ended lightsabers and sleek, awesome ships, when they only have the singular lightsabers and clunkers of ships some 30 years later? It doesn't make sense. But Batman Begins didn't fall into this trap - much.

OMFG

Didn't you pay attention to the movies?

well, though this is off topic.

You will see the full explanation for this in the TV series.

Main point being that the clone war didn't end during ROTS, but rather kept on going, and led to the rebellion.

All civilisation and technology was crushed.

And was rebuilt.

But I completetly concour with your post about Batman Begins