Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

TNG Cast Changes

I just realised something! TNG, out of all my favorite shows, had the most cast changes. Check this out...

Late-Season 1: Tasha Yar is killed by Armus.

Season 2 Premiere: Dr. Crusher leaves the Enterprise for Starfleet Medical.

Season 3 Premiere: Dr. Crusher returns to the Enterprise.

Mid-Season 4: Wesley leaves the Enterprise for Starfleet Academy.

After Generations, Worf get assigned to DS9, but shows up for First Contact and Insurrection anywho. :lol:

Nemesis: Worf's returned to the Enterprise, but in the end Data dies, then Riker's promoted to captain, so he and his new wife depart for the Titan.

So, what do you think about all the cast changes? From Tasha's death all the way to Riker and Troi leaving the Enterprise. :laugh:

The change in all those that "affected" me the most (except, of course, Data's death) is the death of Tasha.

I really like her character. Same anger and determination than Kira in DS9. A strong character. I really like her comming back in Yesterday enterprise and "as" Sela.

Well...technicly, Sela was also in "The Mind's Eye", Season 4

But it wasn't DC, she was just a Silhouette of someone esle, but they Dubbed in DC's Voice :biggrin:

i really had no connection with tasha. her death didnt affect me at all because i didnt really like the character. i cant really put my finger on it, but for some reason tasha's never been one of my most liked characters. :biggrin:

I'm not a Tasha fan either, but I tend to like just about every character on a TV show, so when any of them gets killed off after more than a few episodes, I get upset. "Skin of Evil" almost made me cry when she died and with her funeral service. :biggrin:

Stardate:213526.1

I didnt mind all the changes.Cast Changes are never bad if its written well.Which they were.Well except maybe Worf coming back all the time and Data dying(it was written well but i still dont like it).

There have been two departures from ST that have really affected me the first one was the death of Captain Kirk and the second one was that of Data. Any other time it never really bothered me that they brought in a new character.

I think changes are necessary but I am a huge Tasha Yar fan and I was not very happy about her death which happened much too quickly and too soon in season 1. And it is not a great idea to seperate the TNG crew... But I am always excited about nee crew members but leave the old on board, please :laugh:

Mrs. Captain Picard

I wasn't that much of a Yar or weasly fan so the only change that I didn't like was when pulaski came :laugh: Or when data died :huh:

Troi and Riker leaving isn't bad either becuase theres still the potentail for them to come back if there is another movie, which is unlikely, but there is still the possibility.

I think cast change is good, but its important to have a good actor/actree and character as a replacement too.

I don't mind cast changes as life is full of change, it's only the deaths that get to me.  So, the cast changes that botherred me were the deaths of Yar and Data. :laugh:

Same here the only death that really did not affect me was that of Tasha Yar. Don't get me wrong I liked her but it just wasn't as powerful as Data's or Kirk's.

And Dying In The First Seasomn No Less.

What's Up With That??

I Read that DC felt she wasn't being used right, or something. It was only the First Frellin' Season For Crying Out Loud!!!!! :laugh:

Sam, I from what I've heard in interviews, it was nothing like she thought it'd be. She hung arround as long as she could, but in the end, wasn't happy with her role, so she asked to leave. Then she regretted it. :laugh: That's why she came back as alternate-Tasha in "Yesterday's Enterprise", Sela in "Redemption" and "Unification" and past-Tasha in "All Good Things..."

I liked the changes. It's not as if the same 7 or so people in that kind of situation woul d stay exactly the same for such a long period of time. Of course, Data's death is just absolutely rediculous and never happened. The end.

The character I missed the most was Tosha Yar although I did miss Dr. Crusher but I think that may have just been because I didn't really like Dr. Polaski.