Sign in to follow this  
Susan_Delgado

Resurrection (Spoilers)

We just watched this one last night and I found myself wishing that things would have worked out for Kira with Mr. Mirror Universe Bareil.

In retrospect, I think that I would rather have had Kira end up with Bareil and had a shot at a family and happiness than having her fall in love with Odo and end up all alone with her lover off in the soup!

I really enjoy the chemistry between Nana Visitor and Philip Anslem ... I think it might have been better if the writers had decided to go that way. I always thought I was a big Kira and Odo fan, but this time through I'm finding myself thinking about what might have been with Kira and Bareil. Mirror Bareil did say that he saw himself with her during his orb experience. And the orb experience we saw Kira have also featured Bareil.

Just what I'm thinking about this time through the series (third time).

It was after Shakaar. I believe it is the episode following "You Are Cordially Invited."

Just in rewatching the series (yet again!) I am finding that I'm really not "buying" the relationship between Kira and Odo like I once did. I thought that Philip Anslem was great, both as a religious person and as a n'er-do-well. I would like to have seen more of him and Kira together, although not every episode. I couldn't see him becoming part of the main cast or anything, but it would have been nice way to end Kira's story in the final episode. Kira loves Bajor. I wish she could have moved back to Dakor (sp?) Province after the war and had Bareil waiting for her in the home she's never had.

I thought the relationship with Odo was great because it gave the character of Odo room to expand and it gave us a deeper look into his emotional side. "His Way" was a great Odo episode and the look on his face when he realizes that he's dancing with the real Kira is priceless!

I wouldn't say that the Kira/Odo relationship is a favorite of mine but I did make a "Video Vault" video for it. I'll have to go watch it, I like the song and the clips went with it pretty well also. I'll have to remake it using higher quality clips soon.

I have always liked the relationship between Kira and Odo, largely because I have always cheered for the underdog, and in issues of love Odo was the underdog. I also enjoyed seeing how Odo grew during the series as a result of his interactions with Kira.