Sign in to follow this  

From Gateworld

Stargate SG-1 led off the night once again in the 8 p.m. Eastern/Pacific time slot. The second installment of the 3-part premiere drew more than 2.6 million viewers with the 2.1 rating, holding on to viewership from the season premiere.

The Stargate Atlantis episode "The Intruder" earned a 2.0 rating at 9 p.m., down 10 percent from last week's premiere

At 10 p.m. Battlestar Galactica suffered a 23 percent drop-off from last week's highly publicized and widely reviewed season premiere. The episode "Valley of Darkness" held its lead-in audience for a 2.0 household rating. It is the lowest rating to date for the series, which premiered in January.

As for my question a couple week back

The three series earned ratings of 1.2 (SG-1), 0.9 (Atlantis), and 0.7 (Galactica) for their late-night reruns.

SG1 did better in both original and encore than the other two.

Just proves that all the people who say the BSG is better than ENterprise have no clue what they're talking about. :)

I really like the new battlestar but it is a bit to dark for me and it seems that they have listened to the fans as their seems to be a lot less of baltar and six. The one thing IMHO that was cool to do but might have got people to stop watching is

Click For Spoiler
that even though adama got shot he should not be in bed for to long. I really think that he really holds the show together and with him out the show is not as good.

I do like the show, but I've never believed it was as big of a breakout hit as they wanted us to believe. Still, though, 2.0 is pretty darn good for a series low (...for SciFi ...so far...).

As far as I can tell from those numbers, it seems like BSG is somewhat more successful than Atlantis, or at least regularly on-par.

Just proves that all the people who say the BSG is better than ENterprise have no clue what they're talking about.  :)

344323[/snapback]

Popularity does not = Quality. If that were the case then we'd have to conclude that professional wrestling and Jerry Springer have more merit then Shakespeare and the films of Orson Welles.

Battlestar Galactica is better because it has better quality writing, more compelling plots, and doesn't rely on many of the cliches one finds in something like Stargate:SG-1 (possibly the dumbest name ever for a television show since in effect it amounts to "Stargate: Stargate One". :)

Just proves that all the people who say the BSG is better than ENterprise have no clue what they're talking about.  :) 

So using that logic, the people who claim ENT improved as its seasons passed and those who claimed that it was the best Star Trek show ever had no clue what they were talking about since ENT's ratings fell with each successive season and it was rated lower than any of the modern Trek series.

:)

I don't get why atlantis got such a low rating IMHO I like it alot more than SG1 but than SG1 has been running alot longer than SGA.

Just proves that all the people who say the BSG is better than ENterprise have no clue what they're talking about.  B)

344323[/snapback]

Popularity does not = Quality. If that were the case then we'd have to conclude that professional wrestling and Jerry Springer have more merit then Shakespeare and the films of Orson Welles.

Battlestar Galactica is better because it has better quality writing, more compelling plots, and doesn't rely on many of the cliches one finds in something like Stargate:SG-1 (possibly the dumbest name ever for a television show since in effect it amounts to "Stargate: Stargate One". :biggrin:

344427[/snapback]

Most tv shows based on a movie change the name in some way. SG1 is the designation of the team that was the central element of the plot and I'm not sure it means stargate one but rather just SG1 which is a designation.

Does anyone know what type of ratings BSG got when they showed those episodes on NBC?

I found the answer to my own question. LOL BSG got "dismal" ratings on NBC.

From Zap2It.com:

Overall, CBS averaged a 4.3 rating/9 share, outdistancing second place FOX's 3.7/7. ABC was a distant third with a 2.7/5. NBC, which ran three hours of the Sci Fi Channel drama "Battlestar Galactica" was a dismal fourth with a 1.8/4.

CBS started the night off right with a 3.8/8 for "48 Hours Mystery," good enough to beat FOX's "COPS" (3.3/7) for the hour. ABC was third with the 2.2/5 first hour of "The Emperor's New Groove," while NBC was last with the beginning of the "Battlestar Galactica" marathon.

At 9 p.m., CBS got a 4.3/9 from "Cold Case," edging the 4.1/8 for "America's Most Wanted" on FOX. The second hour of ABC's Disney movie was third, while NBC got a 1.8/3 from its "Galactica" hour.

The second "48 Hours" episode delivered the night's strongest ratings for CBS, with a 4.9/10. ABC moved up to second with a 3.2/7 for "America's Funniest Home Videos." NBC remained last with "Battlestar."

Edited by Takara_Soong