Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Spectre of the Gun

What rating would you give "Spectre of the Gun"?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "Spectre of the Gun"?

• 5. It's great, I loved it!
    • 4. It's good
    • 3. It's average
    • 2. It's not that good
    • 1. I hated it!

Production: 056

Season: 3 Episode: 6

DVD Disc: 2

Air Date: 10.25.1968

Stardate: 4385.3

Official review not yet available.

Cast:

William Shatner as James T. Kirk

Leonard Nimoy as Spock

DeForest Kelley as Leonard H. McCoy

James Doohan as Montgomery Scott

Walter Koenig as Pavel Andreievich Chekov

Nichelle Nichols as Uhura

Guest Cast:

Bonnie Beacher as Sylvia

Rex Holman as Morgan Earp

Ron Soble as Wyatt Earp

Charles Maxwell as Virgil Earp

Sam Gilman as Doc Holliday

Bill Zuckert as Johnny Behan

Charles Seel as Ed

Ed McCready as Barber

Gregg Palmer as Rancher

Richard Anthony as Rider

James Doohan as Melkotian Buoy voice

Creative Staff:

Director: Vincent McEveety

Written By: Lee Cronin

Related Items:

Melkotians

I saw this episode for the second time last night, and it was as good, if not better than the first time. It was an interesting story, and it was neat seeing our heros in the recreation of the OK corral. In fact, I think the best part of the episode was the setting and how alien everything looked even though it was supposed to be a recreation. Spock's science explination was a bit confusing, but other than that, it was a cool episode.

I thought this was one of the worst episodes of TOS. It was obviously a "lets save some money " episode. Plus, being a huge fan American western history, I cringed at the distorted and historically inaccurate portrayals of the Earps and the Clantons.

On a side note, Rex Holman, who played Morgan Earp in the episode was also in ST V as one of Sybok's followers.

Gave it a 3. The explanation and the applications thereof were very intriguing. Also interesting that the Earps would be as much an aggressor as the original Clanton gang. And actually quite well written. Unfortunately, it does not completely make up for the visual blunders, chiefly that of poor set design. Maybe it was a budget issue, but when the whole of your buildings are the front outside walls....yeah, sorry.

I'm not a big fan of Westerns, but I loved this episode. I don't know why, I just do.

My fave season 3 ep! Kirk and co. forced to re-live the fight at the OK Corral as punishment from the Melkotians for violating their territory- was profound as it reflected on the violent history of our planet.Noteworthy for the appearance of actor Rex Holman as one of the Earps- Holman would later portray J'onn in St 6: The Undiscovered Country.

My fave season 3 ep! Kirk and co. forced to re-live the fight at the OK Corral as punishment from the Melkotians for violating their territory- was profound as it reflected on the violent history of our planet.Noteworthy for the appearance of actor Rex Holman as one of the Earps- Holman would later portray J'onn in St 6: The Undiscovered Country.

Actually he played J'onn in Star Trek V: The Final Frontier

120px-Jonn.jpg

and he played one of the Earps in TOS: "Spectre of the Gun"

320x240.jpg

STSpectreGun.jpg

Vs.

STSpectreEarps.jpg

One of the GREAT 3rd season episodes a FIVE!!!

Really has a surreal feel to it. With the red sky, half complete sets and acting style of the villians and townspeople.

Sign in to follow this