• Borg
    • Vulcan
    • Ferengi
    • Q
    • Romulan
    • Betazoids
    • Cardassians
    • Klingons

This poll isn't for best bad guy or favourite Alien, but who made the biggest imapct on TNG. In other words there would not have been TNG for 7 years without.....

Next Gen would not have been the same without Q he has messed up soo meny things.. also on Voyager and on DS9.. i am kinda hoping he'll screw things up for Archer

here's a question posed by ds9 that has never been fully answered. what exactly happened to the klingons? why are they so deformed from the tos episodes (not according to looks, but to facts in the series)

the thing i heard that makes sense to me is that the ones on TOS are of a higher prestige than the ones with the ridge in the forehead. so the plain looking ones would be your aristocrats, and the others are the warrior race, but the real reason is makeup cost, and just simply Gene rewrote there role, to show the clear difference between them and humans, and later on that even though they look different they still get along. does that answer your question? :D:D

I was watching DS9 one time and saw that episode where they traveled back onto the original enterprise.. umm the tribble inncident.. and Dax asked "those are klingons? what happened?" and Worf said "Don't Ask" and i thought i read or heard somewhere that it was an accident?? Since they started looking like hpw we know them in the Movies..

-Laur :D

the thing i heard that makes sense to me is that the ones on TOS are of a higher prestige than the ones with the ridge in the forehead. so the plain looking ones would be your aristocrats, and the others are the warrior race, but the real reason is makeup cost, and just simply Gene rewrote there role, to show the clear difference between them and humans, and later on that even though they look different they still get along. does that answer your question? :D  :D

I love that explanation pogue, truly I do and I wish that idea had been incorporated into the mythos but I have yet to figure out if that is true then how/why did 3 Klingons that appeared on TOS without ridges later appear on DS9 with ridges?

Was their status somehow taken away from them? No because when they appeared on DS9 their Honor was intact.

the accident theory and the aristocrats theory are the two best in star trek lore. but the reason is, they just did it. It would put it to rest if they showed a normal one and a ridge head on Ent.

Put to rest? I do not think that would put it to rest and here is why, the question of why they had never been seen after TOS would be raised and more fuel would be poured on the ENTERPRISE controversy. The ENT doubters would say it is just more reason to get rid of Rick Berman for screwing up Trek.

Ok, The "accident theroy could still work.

Ok, The "accident theroy could still work.

and this accident happened when and where that effected the whole empire?

Why are you asking me like that?

Hey, it is your baby, you mentioned it first;

Posted on Mar 12 2003, 06:08 PM

Lt. Commander

Group: Ships Crew

Member No.: 40

the accident theory and the aristocrats theory are the two best in star trek lore. but the reason is, they just did it. It would put it to rest if they showed a normal one and a ridge head on Ent.

--------------------

Tiocfaidh ar La, Eireann go Brach

C.J.M.A., Paddy Rolling Stone

Quotes-

"If you pretended to be Data then you are NOT old..." -VaBeachGuy

"There is power in a factory, power in the land, power in the hand of the Worker. But it all amounts to nothing if together we don't stand, there is power in a Union" -Billy Bragg

Ger 1:0 USA 21.06.2002

(13 Ballack 39')

I...don't ....know :D , but the accident thing was not mine i only had the aristocrats theory, it wasn't meant to be brutish, sorry i'm not really known for being Mr. Cool, sorry, rock on. :D

Maybe the Klingon Empire tried to build super-warriors by genetically altering the Klingons, but it resulted in a genetic mutation?? :D:D

Thats cool ! B) We'll just drop it. Trek on! :)

agreed, let's move on. time to put away the stoli and stick to pepsi, oh wait......... :wow::wow::wow::wow: :P :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

heres a good chuckle it's light years off topic but still funny.

Maybe the Klingon Empire tried to build super-warriors by genetically altering the Klingons, but it resulted in a genetic mutation??  :D  :D

:D That could explain what Worf said about it being something they do not speak of, they are ashamed of the failure.

it's a good one, but you still run into the problem of how did it affect the empire that spread accross a series of planets? But i really think it's just one of those questions like, if a tree falls in the woods does it make a sound? Only were stuck with, just what the (I'm trying to misspell a badword but can't) happen to Klingons? character wise.

I ended up picking Q. The Borg and the Klingons were tied for second. Of course, there is not a second place in the poll. :D

Borg [ 4 ] [50.00%]

Vulcan [ 0 ] [0.00%]

Ferengi [ 0 ] [0.00%]

Q [ 2 ] [25.00%]

Romulan [ 0 ] [0.00%]

Betazoids [ 0 ] [0.00%]

Cardassians [ 0 ] [0.00%]

Klingons [ 2 ] [25.00%]

Well it looks like its between the borg, Q and the klingons, and the rest didn't quite make it up there, but i'm looking for the romulans to make a comeback somehow :D

It is true, without Q we never would have seen the Borg. . .ACK that means ST: First Contact wouldn't have occured.