Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

Omg - Look What I Found At Imdb

i don't see why they skipped over DS9 and VOY

The way I see it, DS9 had the main cast splitting up to pursue their different interests. Then they would have to think up a way to get them all back together. As for Voyager, it has been awhile since I saw the finale so I can't remember what happened to the crew, but we know that Janeway did become an Admiral.

TNG on the other hand, ended with the crew still together on the Enterprise so the movies were a progression.

That's my theory why no DS9 and VOY movie has been planned.

For the record, the Berman and Braga have credits on thier imdb pages for the Untitled Star Trek Prequel (2006) as do Elfman, Lauriston, Goldsmith, and Zimmerman. This appears to be valid.

Guys, don't kill me. I'm as excited as you about this. But isn't there a chance this is just a rumor, I mean, not an official thing? As far as I know, normal people can also input data into imdb, not only studios.

That fact that this production appeared on Berman e Braga film listings have to do with the fact they were added into this production credits. So imdb add the producion on their film listing automatically.

Anyway, I hope this is for real. <_<

As much as I'd like to see an ENT movie I don't think it's going to happen. From all the innuendos and unconfirmed rumors I've heard the prequel will most likely take place during Kirk and Spocks academy days. But who knows?

Since the usual suspects would refuse to see any TOS, TNG, DS9 or VOY movie that had Brannon Braga or Rick Berman involved, what would be the point?

An Enterprise movie would get the millions of us who love the show worldwide to go to the cinema. I'd love to see such a wonderful cast on the big screen. :(

I'm sceptical and a little dissapointed. I was hping for a tleast a joint cast movie but there's going to be a ENT movie? ENT is a okay show but does it really have the fan base for a major film? I do hopeBRaga will comeback because I 've lost faith in B&B's movie making skills. It may be worth seing if Blalocks not in it!

...  I was hping for a tleast a joint cast movie but there's going to be a ENT movie?  ENT is a okay show but does it really have the fan base for a major film?  I do hopeBRaga will comeback because I 've lost faith in B&B's movie making skills.  It may be worth seing if Blalocks  not in it!

The question of it being an ENT flick is uncertain, it's being called "a prequel to TOS".

I don't have any clear fan base numbers but guess what? I quick visit to ST.COM reveals the sentiment for ENT has changed a great deal since last year. Now, at st.com, there is far less criticizing and far more positive explorations of it suggesting its fan base may be increasing.

Braga is one of the "B"s in B&B. "Braga stepping back in"

EDITED:

I quick visit to ST.COM reveals the sentiment for ENT has changed a great deal since last year.

Nevermind, they've slipped back into their old ways.

Edited by Alterego

I can tell you that this cannot be a DS9 or Voyager movie! Note that the page on IMDB clearly lists Gene Roddenberry as a writer for the movie. While they can credit him for creating Star Trek, they cannot list him under the writter category unless he took part in writting for the movie itself. Back in the time of the first motion picture they were thinking of making a Star Trek movie based on Kirk's days in the academy. At rogersvideo.ca they have a hollywood gossip page and recently they stated that IMDB claims that a new Star Trek movie might be in the works and that it might be based on the idea of Kirk's academy days. The Academy Years idea has also been mentioned in some of the special features in the Star Trek movie DVD's which tells us it's still in the back of their minds. They even suggested that it was material that never got used, that could potentially be used someday. Even if that's not what it turns out to be, whatever it is, it will be something that Gene Roddenberry had worked on sometime in the past; hence no DS9, VOY, ENT or even a combination. Personally, I'm not too excited about this prospect, but hey, it can't be that bad!