Sign in to follow this  
master_q

Wheel . . . . Of . . . . Fortune!

StarTrekFans.net Official Star Trek Trivia

Wheel . . . . Of . . . . Fortune!

Hello and welcome to our special Wheel of Fortune trivia week! We no doubt need to spice things up and a special Wheel of Fortune week should do that. So I hope you join in the fun! In fact we may even do this for two weeks depending on your take if this is fun or not and/or if we need another week to finish all the Wheel of Fortune rounds.

In this game we are not going conduct our game through PMs (excluding the still available to answer pinned question and possibly a few follow-up bonus questions after the puzzles have been solved). Anyone is allowed to participate in this but you no doubt have to follow the rules.

Quick Overview:

First I will post the puzzle

EXAMPLE

_ _ _ _ / _ _ _ _

(each "_" represents one letter and "/" represents the start of a new word)

S t a r / T r e k

Anyone then can respond and give it a shot.

When you respond you must say "SPIN" and then guess any consonant of you choosing.

If you already have some Wheel of Fortune points in that specific round then you can buy a vowel for 1 point. When buying a vowel you do not spin.

If you selected a consonant ---- I will then "spin" the imaginary wheel.

(On my calculator I will select a program to pick a random number. This number will be my guide on where the wheel has stopped.)

I will then tell you where the wheel has landed, tell you how many of those consonant are in the puzzle, update the puzzle, and update how many points you have in the round*.

*The product of where you landed on the wheel and the number of the consonants you picked that are in the puzzle will be how many points you made in that spin

If the wheel has landed on "Bankrupt" you will then lose your points in that round. In this case you will not be informed if the constant that you picked is in the puzzle or not.

If you selected a vowel ---- (The wheel will not be spun in this case)

I will then tell you how many of those vowels are in the puzzle, update the puzzle, and update how many points you have in the round (but subtracting by one). It does not matter if there is zero or an infinite amount of those vowels in the puzzle you will have to pay me one point upfront.

To Spin Again Or Not To Spin Again:

-After you guessed the correct consonant or vowel (and I confirmed it) then you can spin or buy a vowel again. You can continue to do this until you lose your turn or your max spin is up.

In our game "a max spin" does prevent you from spinning continuously in a row. You can keep on spinning the wheel (assuming you don't lose a turn before hand) for a max of 5 times. This will require you to do a bit of thinking and maybe a bit of strategizing.

-If you did not guess correctly then you lose your turn and can't try again until it is ok to do so again. You can only reply again (for another shot at the same puzzle) after four people has replied after you initially spun the wheel. Break this rule then you lose the ability to participate in the puzzle in question and lose all of your points for that puzzle (which for all attentions is a one round).

--If you land on Bankrupt you will lose your turn & lose your points for that round

The Wheel (as the real wheel there will be repeats on some of the point amount values):

1 (point)

1/4

1/2

1/4

1/2

Bankrupt

(As you may have notified the wheel is missing a few things that the real wheel has)

That's the basic overview. I believe most of you can in the blanks.

If you have any questions that are not addressed here or you are not clear on something then please post away and ask

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

The ever evolving rules:

-If after 24 hours a person who was told that they can "spin again" has not then someone else can spin and take the person's turn.

-If you are starting or in the middle of an individual turn or round of "spinning the wheel" then please don't start on another puzzle. When your turn expires in the round in question then you may try another puzzle.

-The person that solves the puzzle will get 5 points.

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com