Sign in to follow this  
cptwright

a question for anyone who can help

i havent been able to get on to startrekfans.net since friday with my computer, i havent touched, or changed a thing, i can get onto anyother site, or location, i get on on my buddies computer, using the same connection. broadband. any thoughts why my computer would suddenly say cant find server.

i havent been able to get on to startrekfans.net since friday with my computer, i havent touched, or changed a thing, i can get onto anyother site, or location, i get on on my buddies computer, using the same connection. broadband. any thoughts why my computer would suddenly say cant find server.

That's odd. I don't really have an answer on that one. You might give your ISP a call and ask them why that's happening. They might be able to help.

ok now heres the even weirder part, i can get on on my computer through aol on the broadband connection, but not my internet explorer. like i said it was fine one day the next i cant get on to only this site.

ok now heres the even weirder part, i can get on on my computer through aol on the broadband connection, but not my internet explorer. like i said it was fine one day the next i cant get on to only this site.

Have you run Adaware or Spybot Search & Destroy lately? You may have an ad ware/spy ware problem.

When that happens to me these are the steps I take in the order I take them to correct it.

1. Close all browsers then turn of any virus protection programs, (my ISP provider told me some vpp may actually see a site your trying to log onto to as a virus and block access) then retry. (once your logged on turn the vpp back on) If that don't work...

2. Shut down the pc completely and unplug the modem for 90 seconds to reset it and then try again. If that don't work...

3. Call your ISP provider for help, mine always has me back on the net within minutes of calling. Always remember to turn your vpp back on.