Sign in to follow this  
Trinneergirl

If you've seen the promo

Okay, I think Ive worked out the plot to Hatchery now. I'v based this on the promo information.

Click for Spoiler:

HATCHERY

Enterprise comes upon a crashed ship and find unhatched Xindi insects aboard.

Archer, thinking that there might be a dialogue set up with these larvae, finds out that they respond to vibrations. Specifically singing.

After some experimentation, they find that, oddly, the Xindi larvae respond best to the Dean Martin classic, 'That's Amore'.

#When the moon hits your eye,

Like a big pizza pie,

That's Amore...#

Archer sings this song over and over and over again, becoming obsessed. Eventually, driven mad by the incessant refrain of

#Bells'll ring ting-a-ling-a-ling, ting-a-ling-a-ling

And you'll sing "Vita bella"

Hearts'll play tippi-tippi-tay, tippi-tippi-tay

Like a gay tarantella#

the crew mutiny.

We see in the promo T'Pol refusing to sing a harmony. This is why she's removed from command. We also see in the promo, Archer recruting the MACO leader, Major Hayes, to use his crack team to form an elite, counter insurgency, barber's shop quartet.

Archer tries to appeal to Trip, but, as we see in the split screen part of the promo, the Captain's crooning, one too damn many times of;

#'scusa me, but you see, back in old Napoli, that's amore#

Poor Trip cannae take any more and resorts to his phase pistol.

Finally, in a brilliant leap of logic, Trip and T'Pol deduce that the Captain's biorythms have been attacked by the R'Jianno Par'mazan disease and they must act quickly to save the Captain, the ship, nay, the very fabric of time/space itself.

Otherwise all will be;

#tippi-tippi-tay, tippi-tippi-tay

Like a gay tarantella#

::Shudder!::

;) :blink:

In all honesty...

Click for Spoiler:

that's one of the worst plots I've heard so far (IMHO). Why do they always have to sing! It annoyed me enough when VOY's doc did it all the time. :blink: Oh, well; I'll give it a chance. Edited by Ace