Sign in to follow this  
livlonganprospe

The Theme Magic

What ever happen to the exciting action music in the Star Trek episodes, example: in TOS Kirk's fighting scenes, Kirk's love scenes, Spock's in deep thought theme, the Enterprise coming to the rescue moments or victory. Even in the TNG series their was some of that theme throughout the show, the Klingon's Battle theme made the show more dramatic, the TOS movies made the Klingons really majestic. Now days in ENT I don't here the music or feel the intense mood of Star Trek, don't get me wrong I'm not a ENT basher by no means, however the show is lacking some elements nor am I commenting on the theme song on which I had issues on at first, it the signature action themes that I'm talking about. :hand:

I know, I always loved TOS soundtrack music the most. I've actually heard within a few ENT soundtracks subtle hints of those days gone by but usually it is during the second viewing they become most apparent. During the first viewing, becoming involved in the new story can distract you from hearing the sound effects (when done correctly.)

Try rewatching some old ENT episodes while remembering to pay close attention to the track and see if you cant find some TOS homage's of your own. They're there in some episodes.

I have watch the Expanse agin and during the scene when the Klingons were attacking the Enterprise the music remains the same [ rather soft ] like the music in my Elite Force pc game. When the scene showing the Klingons, no battle theme the music stayed the same, it's rather hard to explain what I mean about theme into words, the only example I can think of is Jaws, when you hear that music you know that the shark is around.