Sign in to follow this  
livlonganprospe

The El-Aurian Lady

As a guess on TNG.Guinan has been a key player on the show, not only as hostest but also as the captian's friend, conserlor and spirtaul adviser. Indirectly she has saved Enterprise on more than one occassion from fatal disasters,but other than that, how much do we know of her? All that I know of her background is she's from a race of people called the El-Aurian's a world almost exterminated by the Borg in 2166, she be on Earth during the time of Mark Twain and that she and the Q are not the best of friends. Every time I watch the reruns I felt it was regretible that more wasn't done with her charater, a lady of mystery I wondered if she had more in the way of powers, I thought about this when in the lounge when she started to go after Q with her hands up in the air like claws. Anyway I wish if they do another movie that they would put her in it with more reveled about her background, and of course the Q. :)

If you read any Star Trek novels, "Stargazer: Oblivion" is a good Guinan story. It's actually fourth in a series, but it's pretty much a stand-alone story. It takes place when Picard commanded the Stargazer, before he became Captain of the Enterprise. It's a highly entertaining story.

If you'd like to learn more about Guinnan, see:

"Yesterday's Enterprise"

"Time's Arrow"

STAR TREK: GENERATIONS

There are stories that give insight into her character. :)

Add Booby Trap to that list. If you watch "Booby Trap" and "Times Arrow" back to back, you'll understand why.

I loved Guinan. She was a better councelor than troi ever was.

I know books makes excellent stories but time won't alow me do that much reading, however I love to see Whoopi in charater. Has TNG.ever show her living quarters on the show? I don't remember how her personal decor was like, I remember the others like Riker with his trumpet, Data with his paintings and Spot, Warf with his weapons etc. but not Guinan's :lol:

I believe she was in her quarters when Picard spoke to her about Soran in Generations.

I believe she was in her quarters when Picard spoke to her about Soran in Generations.

You are correct. We see Guinnan's quarters in GENERATIONS when Picard visits to ask her about the Nexus.

Thankyou, this will give me a good reason to put in the tape! :lol: