Sign in to follow this  
WEAREBORG4102

Romulans and plot development

why not develop the plot with the romulans more??? I mean you have only seven years till a war with a species and you know nothing about them??????

why not develop the plot with the romulans more??? I mean you have only seven years till a war with a species and you know nothing about them??????

The premise of ENT was "Starfleet's first mission", not the "Romulan War". However, I have a feeling that season 4 will return to the premise of seasons 1&2 with season 5 beginning the Romulan War arc, assuming they stick to the Star Trek Chronology book. Was it ever said when the Romulan War began on screen?

Well on one point they never see them until TOS if they keep to that timeline.  So really you can't get to involved in them except maybe a battle or two.

The Romulan war was suppose to have lasted 5 or so years, leading to the founding of the UFP. In theory, Starfleet fights the Remans while the audience gets to see the Romulans. It could be done. B)

They could meet them by subspace and never meet them in person and you might not have to have that many ep. about it as they could end up in the Romulan space and not know it and the Romulan could start the war for that reason.