Sign in to follow this  
WEAREBORG4102

Archer

Who thinks Archer is gullible? I mean he actually believed the alien was there involuntarily!!! He also didn't think about why someone would put a pod near gravimetric distortions!!! I mean you could figure that out without having to ask him or bring him on the ship.....

Who thinks Archer is gullible? I mean he actually believed the alien was there involuntarily!!! He also didn't think about why someone would put a pod near gravimetric distortions!!! I mean you could figure that out without having to ask him or bring him on the ship.....

The writers have instilled this "good by nature" element into Archer. It seems that the expanse should have made him a little more on edge. So you have a valid point. The alien deal from "harbinger" sounds kinda like something he would normally have done in the 2nd season. We need some more the dark side.

I wanna see Archer get taken over by something and then turn against the crew.

(hey...its gonna happen sometime!)

I think Archer is doing a pretty good job of turning against the crew without any help. He has cut himself off from any of the old relationship with T'Pol and Trip to single mindedly go after the Xindi weapon. It's coming over to me as a one man crusade, he makes no reference to his senior staff and became dictatorial from the first episode of this season. On one hand I understand it but on the other it is leaving him isolated with no relationship dynamics going on. I agree they need to develop this dark side if that is the way they want him to go because at the moment it is static and starting to get a little boring.

Actually, I have a hard time figuring out who Archer actually is. One week he's a bad-*rear end*, the following week he's a gullible idiot and the following week he's a whiny little girl. Until we have writers that can agree on who the guy actually is, then maybe I could better aswer the question.

As for the question, he was no doubt gullible, he should have at least posted a MACO either inside sickbay (there is plenty of room, considering there are no nurses :assimilated: ) or outside the room.

Notice to mods: I was unaware that you guys edit posts, and I know swearing is a bit of a bad habit, but I would appreciate it if you could post a mesage under my post stating that it has been edited by the mods. Thanks :assimilated:

Edited by Stewey

I don't, he acts more like a Human that is going into deep space for the first time. I think he is playing the role perfectly.

I don't, he acts more like a Human that is going into deep space for the first time. I think he is playing the role perfectly.

I agree completely, Klingonmike. He is a very believeable character, with a mixture of insight and error, but overall he is growing as a leader. I find him credible in the context of being the leader of the first humans out in deep space.

I agree completely, Klingonmike. He is a very believeable character, with a mixture of insight and error, but overall he is growing as a leader. I find him credible in the context of being the leader of the first humans out in deep space.

I also agree with you Klingonmike and mjham.

^^^ That goes quad for me. Sure they could have had Archer be the perfect captain right outta the gate but how dull would that have been? Very dull in my opinion. I like seeing the first Captain need to struggle with with the unexpected for a change, it's fresh and it fit's the premise of ENT to a T.

I don't really know if it's smart or otherwise.

He was told, (by T'Pol, if memory serves), that the alien vessel could be an escape pod, caught like a fly in a web. We've seen that he takes the role of human ambassador very seriously in the past.

There was an incident here in the south-east of England where a driver came upon a motorcyclist in the road and his motorcycle was some distance away. It looked like a road accident. He got out to help what he thought was a road accident victim, and the 'motorcyclist' stabbed the car driver and stole his money and car.

Was the guy 'gullable' because he helped? Or should he have driven round or over the guy in the road and driven on? Leaving what may have been a severely injured person to die.

All you can be is the best you are. Archer epitomises that in his open-handedness to aliens. He's been burned so many times he's turned from his own friend, (Trip) and his first officer (T'Pol), to protect himself.

It's one of the myriad complexities of Archer I find fascinating.