Sign in to follow this  
TransporterMalfunction

Robot cast member.

Maybe ENT could have some kind of "primitive" alien-built android, discovered in the 4th season?

I think that may have been what TM was suggesting Captain but yeah, I'd be all for a primitive form of android(s) or even robot(s) on ENT. Those would match up nicely with things seen after ENT in some spectacular ways: What are Little Girls Made of & Requiem for Methuselah come to mind.

Maybe ENT could have some kind of "primitive" alien-built android, discovered in the 4th season?

I think that may have been what TM was suggesting Captain but yeah, I'd be all for a primitive form of android(s) or even robot(s) on ENT.

Alterego explanation is correct. I'm fairly sure it would never happen but I have been watching a lot of the black and white Lost in Space episodes and was thinking how cool it would be to have a retro looking robot (rather than android) on Enterprise. Perhaps Robby could turn up and join the crew! :eek:

It woudn't fit the "feel" of Trek.

I'm not sure if I agree with you. If you look at Forbidden Planet and then look at TOS you will see a lot of similarities in the style. You might argue that modern Trek has a different 'feel' to TOS but with Enterprise's move towards a more TOS style I think it could potentially work. Potentially.

"Danger Jonathan Archer. Danger!"

I'm not a sure a robot would be a good idea.

For one thing, if they did, Enterprise would end up getting accused of stealing ideas again. After Data, 7 of 9, and stuff, if a robot turned up we'd be hearing remarks like "Oh, thats original."

On the other hand, those people bad-mouth Enterprise anyway so you can't really win. It's just another Kabyoshi Maru if you ask me.

On the other hand, those people bad-mouth Enterprise anyway so you can't really win. It's just another Kabyoshi Maru if you ask me.

I think you're right. If the story works then I say dissers be gone. I WANT to see something like that more than ever now. hehehe

Maybe a recurring charactor could be a robot, an be well enough made to fool the crew, until he dies saving one of the main cast and then it is found out he is really an andriod/robot and was part of the Temporal cold war?

Well having an old-style robot, in my opinion, would be great. I play a brain in a jar (soaking in a liquid computer) in a Bravo Fleet (Star Trek) RPG (Btw I made Commander at the Mannheim Temporal Research Facility as a brain in a jar). Do you think it would be any possible they can have a bizarre non-humanoid character for Enterprise?

doctorwho42avenger@hotmail.com

:bow::bow: B) ;)

Doctor Who Homepage

Mannheim Temporal Research Facility (I'm on the Crew Manifest, as Commander Adam Who (The Brain Of), Temporal Investigations Liason Officer, but they misspelled 'Bleuvian Brain':)

Edited by drwho42