Sign in to follow this  
ussacclaim

Yesterday' Enterprise

OK, this one is a thinker, try not to hurt yourself:

Guinan is on the Enterprise-D and has had a long relationship with Picard. We should assume that their relationship is practically the same from the real time line.

But in "Time's Arrow", Guinan says if Picard doesn't go to San Francisco, they will never meet. However, since the Enterprise-D gets destroyed seconds after the -C enters the rift (yes it happens b/c since Geordi ((before he dives under a door!)) says he can' stop a breach)

OK, so they never go to San Francisco but Guinan and Picard have the relationship. How is that? I quit thinking about it but the thought I'd spread the insanity around. I'd appreciate some responses.

And yes I'm aware that we shouldn't think about time episodes too much but I just had to share this one. And I'm aware that the writers came up with "Time's Arrow" 3 years after "Yesterday' Enterprise", so those two reasons are out.

Go here to see my discussion on how Picard's sending the Enterprise-C back in time creates an alternate timeline first seen in "Encounter at Farpoint", instead of the Ent-C creating an alternate timeline that exists for a single episode.

As for Guinnan, I'm not sure. Perhaps in this timeline, she never met Picard in the 19th century, yet "felt" that she should be friends with him, somehow sensing the friendship from the proper timeline without realising it? She knew Natasha was suppose to be dead, so who knows. ;)

I was completely lost when I first read this as I didn't see how the 2 eps had anything to do with each other, but now I think I know where you're going. I'll think on it for a while.

But the Enterprise D wasn't destroyed, once the C when back through the Rift that timeline ceased to exist. It may be that the D would have blown up but it didn't.