Sign in to follow this  
removed

2010 Olympic Bid

Where should the Olympics be held in 2010?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Where should the Olympics be held in 2010?

• Vancouver, Canada
    • Salzburg, Austria
    • Pyeongchang, Korea

Since I live in Canada, I REALLY want Vancouver to win. I could go to the games. That would be sooo cool. What is your guys' opinions on where this should be held?

my vote would go to Vancouver, I've been to Salzburg,, Austria, it's small with high peaks and valleys no real flat land, but it is right over the boarder from germany, don't get me wrong it is a beutiful town, just to me it would make more sense to hold it in Canada, even though they had the winter games back in '88, course Korea had the summer games in '88, and Austria last had the games in '76 in Innsbruck, Vancouver in 2010, eh.

bysty, i didn't read the whole site but do you know if this is their first attempt to get the games or if they have tried before, cuse that may swing it abit.

it says on the site that this is vancouver's first bid. it says that it had been considered for canada's bid before, but calgary and montreal won out over them. this time vancouver got the go-ahead, so it entered the bid.

Pogue,

You are good! :D

But I think Bysty may have meant the winter Olympics. Not much point in having them in the Great Southern Land.

V.C.

Canada.

Oh, and VBG, I erally do like the idea of making it so the newer members can see older posts...for example I never saw this one whe I joined here....cool.

Being korean let me first state that Pyeongchang is in South Korea, not North Korea. Also some of you might want to be careful with some wording because when my Boss saw this (who's also korean) he just shook his head and walked off muttering some not so flatering words. Not trying to upset anyone just trying to make sure nobody gets the wrong idea.

Anyone of them would be fine with me.

However, I’m leaning to Vancouver a little bit more then the others.

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com