Nemesis Poll

Was ST Nemesis...  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Was ST Nemesis...

• Good. We need to see more TNG on the big screen
    • Good. But that should be the last TNG film
    • Average. I hope the next TNG film is better
    • Poor. I hope I never see that cast again,time to move on
    • Poor. But I will give them another chance.

Back the fact is that all of the Rising Action built up to an action set piece which could have been done by any one with that kind of money. Out of all of the TNG Movies, there has never been a real thinking movie. Generations and First Contact did a pretty good job of combining action and deep themes. Insurrection tried, and then just fell in another action set, but most of the reason that I would want to see Nemisis would be for the action. I watch The Matrix if I want action. It's not what Star Trek was meant to be.

What I am saying is that I never am looking for action, even when I am watching and enjoying an action packed movie. There has to be something more.

I like Star Trek because I know the characters. I liked Nemesis because it engendered in me a feeling I had never experienced for Picard. I felt for him in his situation. After his experience with the Borg, when he went back to France, I was an observer of his struggle, but I was not drawn in. I felt his pride was hurt, but could never quite be convinced that he had been pierced to the heart. I felt he was struggling against a broken spirit, and he won. In the episode where he lived a whole lifetime through a conncetion with an alien probe, then I was convinced how deeply Picard was emptionally moved. But he handled that, and it was not real.

Mostly though I see him as strong, stoic, and in control -- and very private, as Deanna once described him to Vash.

In Nemesis his heart was touched. He was still in control, but he was experiencing the pain of loss and impending change throughout the picture, while all the action was going on. His family was separating...but he was not counting on permanent loss of Data, nor of confronting himself in someone like Schinzon. I felt for him...a new experience for me with this character.

I rather enjoyed the movie, although I have to say I prefer the alernative/edited ending, as tagged onto the DVD, where Picard meets his new first Officer - I can't explain why, but I felt that it was a more "human" way to end the movie

I voted Good. But that should be the last TNG film!

actually i wanted to say it doesn't matter if they make another or not, but theres no choice on that. :dude:

Its all about the story, but since they split up its very hard to make another. But that won't stop the possibilities of having them in other movies as background characters.