Sign in to follow this  
adm. stickler

Picard and Guinan

i was watching TNG yesterday and Guinan had a line in witch she and picard were more then frainds. Could they have had a sexual relationship? in The Best of Both Worlds

she said it whent beyond freindship and beyond family. just wondering

I'd say sex had nothing to do with anything between them.

I think she was referring to what she already knows is going to happen in the future (in Generations.) Remember at the time of BOBW she has already been to the Nexus.

During BOBWs she also has memory of meeting Picard hundreds of years earlier on Earth (Times Arrow) so I believe what she meant by "beyond freindship and beyond family" had to do with TIME its self.

Well, there's several reasons. First off, she has a natural ability to percieve things beyond time most people don't know are there. Take "Yesterday's Enterprise" for example. She knew that the arrival of the Enterprise-C changed history and even knew that Tasha was suppose to be dead and a senseless death. She also had met Picard back in the 19th century, so she knew for a fact he'd survive the Borg encounter so that he might travel back in time to meet her past self.

They just have a very close relationship. B)

I don't think it has anything to do with a special perception, otherwise that special relationship could be there with any of the crew members. I do believe it has to do with Times Arrow though.

She has the ability too percieve things beyond this dimensional. She in fact seems to have a sixth sense. Much more than the betazoids. This probaby has to do with her existance in the Nexus. She can perceive the universe as it travels. She said in Generations that she left part of herself in the ribbon. This might be the connection that they share. Maybe she feels that Jean-luc has a connection through the nexus. It is possible that what VBG is suggesting is correct that it may have to do with times arrow. Maybe it is a deeper meaning shared between them. Maybe they feel that it's beyond friendship in that they are emotionally linked to each other in a certain way. It's open to interpretation.

i was watching TNG yesterday and Guinan had a line in witch she and picard were more then frainds. Could they have had a sexual relationship? in The Best of Both Worlds

she said it whent beyond freindship and beyond family. just wondering

I don't see anything sexual between them. I think that what she means is that they have a relationship beyond friendship, family, even space and time. It's just an extremely deep friendship, deeper than most ever get. If (big if) we get one last TNG movie, I hope they explore the Picard/Guinnan relationship - just why they are so close. :P