Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Minor inconsistency

I was watching Life Line today and noticed a minor inconsistency. In it the Doctor is talking to Dr. Zimmerman and Dr. Zimmerman tells him that he hasn't left Jupiter Station in over 4 years.

Since Voyager and DS9 are supposed to be occurring at the same time then this would seem to be an inconsistency. This episode aired on May 10th, 2000 but Dr. Zimmerman was on DS9 in "Doctor Bashir, I presume?" on February 24 1997.

There's no stardate given for either episode so it's possible that it could be explained away by saying that more then 4 years had passed between the episodes.

Another "inconsistency" is the physical appearance of Dr. Zimmerman. On DS9 this is how he looked:

320x240.jpg

Here he is just a little over 3 years later on Voyager:

320x240.jpg

This difference can be explained away by his illness in Life Line but the symptoms don't indicate that rapid aging is part of the illness. Of course Dr. Zimmerman could have been dying his hair when he went to DS9 just in case he met a beautiful young woman :(

Click for Spoiler:

320x240.jpg

Dr. Zimmerman and the EMH sure get arround. :(

Maybe the line is a blooper? Someone should'a payed more attention to when he actually appeared on DS9. ;) As for his "aging". I noticed that and just assumed the illness wasn't causing him to age, but that it was effected his body so badly it looked like he was aging fast.

Someone should'a payed more attention to when he actually appeared on DS9.

It would actually be Voyager's blooper because the first time we meet Dr. Zimmerman is on DS9, then a couple years later the character was revived on Voyager. Like I said though, they could explain it away but I tend to think it's just a small lack of attention to those minor details.

Someone should'a payed more attention to when he actually appeared on DS9.

It would actually be Voyager's blooper because the first time we meet Dr. Zimmerman is on DS9, then a couple years later the character was revived on Voyager. Like I said though, they could explain it away but I tend to think it's just a small lack of attention to those minor details.

That's what I ment by saying they should'a payed attention to DS9. :(

Cheh, a degree. But what's that got to do with chemicals?

from Borg Assimilator's point of view its about him spilling when doing what doctors do. Not Engineers.

There are illnesses that make people age faster than they should. There's one illness, rare but it exists, that makes children the equivellant of old people.

Anywho, my guess was that Zimmerman's illness was responsible for him looking older. Maybe the intent was for him to look sick, not old?