Sign in to follow this  
Trinneergirl

The wars must stop!

This is my first topic, so deal gently, dear readers!

I love Enterprise. I don't really know why this, of all the 'modern' Treks has captivated me cough::checkthescreenname::cough! :( , but while I watched and enjoyed the other Treks, I really love Star Trek Enterprise. I have my reservations about series three, (far too much Archer and far too many fights and battles), but my frustrations come from loving the show.

From the outset some people have hated the show, and continue to do so, but that's their right. I'll argue my corner as long as it doesn't turn nasty. If it turns nasty I'll go away. That, some might say, leaves the possession of the field to the other side, but I don't need virtual bullying in my life. :(

But what is stifling practically every Enterprise BBS is this deadly dull, pointless set of 'shipper wars. My preference as a 'shipper is Archer/Trip, but readily acknowledge TPTB wouldn't ever have the trouser-danglers to go that route. I think it would be challenging and new and dramatic dynamite, but thats just my own opinion. But I did not splurge vitriol over the fact that most of season two had Archer with T'Pol, nor do I, now that Trip is with T'Pol. I find entertainment in what's on screen, not what I demand should be onscreen.

It's a TV show. There are fan fictions for living out your own desires. I write a few and people have been kind enough to say they like 'em. But these Archer/T'Pol and Trip/T'Pol wars have got way out of hand. They are like Chosen Realm writ large. Instead of the number of days, it's whether the Captain or Chief Engineer should be with the Science officer! And they are destroying the whole world of Enterprise fandom, by sucking everything down to ugly namecalling. ;)

I wish the whole stupid 'shipper stuff would go away, or at least that people would agree to disagree on BBS and go off to their own groups to vent their spleens.

It is sooo, soooo boring!

Edited by TransporterMalfunction

I haven't noticed any shippers here... :( However, I agree, there's been too much action this season.

Definitely too much action and far to little character moments.. I don't mind if they blow something up if they feel like it, just add more story!

Well - interesting point. I must admit I haven't seen too much in the way of these 'shipper wars you mention - did it ever get out of hand with the other series or is what we are seeing a symptom of the effect this show has on people. As you say you LOVE it - something about Enterprise perhaps stirs things up in a way the others didn't. From memory and my own experience I couldn't wait for Riker to finally get it together with Troi - it seemed the most natural thing in the world - I think theirs has been the best handled relationship in Trek - just an aside that in the end just happened. I don't remember caring who ended up with who in DS9 and I found the whole Paris / Torres just boring.

I think I'm probably a no-shipper. Let's just get good stories and explore other aspects of the crews' relationships, which can be dynamic and challenging and interesting without the need for anyone to be jumping into bed with anyone else.