Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ktrek

New Voyages ---------- No Spoiler

Guest Ktrek

I dowloaded "New Voyages" from the newsgroup last night and watched it first thing this morning and all I can say is WOW! It was the best fan film I have ever seen and as good or better than any Trek episode I have seen. The acting, SFX, story were all great! New Voyages has proven that the characters of Kirk, Spock and McCoy live beyond the persons who played them in classic Trek. If you get a chance to see this great film do so. I plan on getting a copy of the DVD when it becomes available.

To the cast, crew and producers of "New Voyages"........Well Done! :force::eek: :huh: ;) :P

Ktrek

I agree that it is fantastic! I have watched the teaser and Act 1..I am downloading Act 2 now..I think it is well done and I am enjoying it immensely!..Such an awesome undertaking and the result is amazing. I highly reconmend everyone check it out.. :force:

Well Done New Voyages..!!!

Stardate:21452.8

The sentiment is carried here.Really really cool!!! Congrats to all involved you have done a wonderful job!!

I just downloaded all 5 acts from one of the mirror sites (mirroruniverse.net). A word of warning to those of you still using dial-up...even though the epi is split up in to 5 parts (teaser plus acts 1-4) the files are fairly large, so expect a few hours of downloading. Luckily, I have a cable modem so I downloaded all 5 acts in less than 5 minutes. IT WAS AWESOME!! The special effects rock..especially in the beginning where the Enterprise is shown leaving space dock. The story and acting are great, even though it took me a while to get past the Elvis hair on the actor playing Kirk and the actor playing Scotty lost his Scottish accent more often than Doohan did. I, too, plan on ordering the DVD so I can watch the episode on my 36" Sony Diamondvision instead of a 17" computer monitor. The only complaint I have is that I have to wait until July for the second episode! Long live New Voyages!! I strongly recommend that everybody download episode 1. You won't be disappointed!!!

I thought that the SFX where Awsome and the sets where truely magic. the whole thing was a delight to watch I loved it so much I am mirroring for them now.

I, too, plan on ordering the DVD so I can watch the episode on my 36" Sony Diamondvision instead of a 17" computer monitor.

Are they going to release them on DVD ?! Wow, that would be awesome..I would buy it..I downloaded the first episode and I think it's great. Everybody should check it out..A long wait until episode 2..But the end result will be worth it..Good Work New Voyages..!!!

man i just finished it and all i can say is wow.....the dedication it took to replicate all the sets was just impresive on its own.. the visual effect were awesome too

Click for Spoiler:

the future scenes taken from the movies was cool...

the tie in with Q and the borg...lols

Edited by deagletime

I dowloaded "New Voyages" from the newsgroup last night and watched it first thing this morning and all I can say is WOW!        It was the best fan film I have ever seen and as good or better than any Trek episode I have seen. The acting, SFX, story were all great! New Voyages has proven that the characters of Kirk, Spock and McCoy live beyond the persons who played them in classic Trek. If you get a chance to see this great film do so. I plan on getting a copy of the DVD when it becomes available.

To the cast, crew and producers of "New Voyages"........Well Done! :(  ;)  :(  :(  :clap: 

Ktrek

If K'Trek likes it, it must be a winner. I just might check it out afterall. :)

I dowloaded "New Voyages" from the newsgroup last night and watched it first thing this morning and all I can say is WOW!        It was the best fan film I have ever seen and as good or better than any Trek episode I have seen. The acting, SFX, story were all great! New Voyages has proven that the characters of Kirk, Spock and McCoy live beyond the persons who played them in classic Trek. If you get a chance to see this great film do so. I plan on getting a copy of the DVD when it becomes available.

To the cast, crew and producers of "New Voyages"........Well Done! :(  ;)  :(  :(  :clap: 

Ktrek

If K'Trek likes it, it must be a winner. I just might check it out afterall. :)

You really should check it out CJLP..It is fantastic..!! In fact I was just thinking about watching it again.. :)

Awesome fan-film! A lot of hard work went into putting that film together. I don't mean to criticize, but was there a boom mic shadow in the transporter scene?

I hope they do a crossover ep with the Exeter crew. Although it's happened a lot in the past, the only time we see Star Trek crossover is in books nowadays.