Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

DISCOVERY Season 3 Now streaming, Intros and Next Episode Previews

After following Commander Burnham into the wormhole in the second season finale, season three of STAR TREK: DISCOVERY finds the U.S.S. Discovery crew landing into an unknown future far from the home they once knew. Now living in a time filled with uncertainty, the U.S.S. Discovery crew, along with the help of some new friends, must work together to restore hope to the Federation.

First time in years I have rewatched Star Trek episodes multiple times, not in the previous two seasons of Discovery, nor in Picard. I watched the ending of S3 E2 so many times I have lost track. I started this season irked because somehow in the future the Federation was gone, but even in E1 the hope of the Federation persists in such a way that it is inspiring. But while I loved the ending of E1, the ending of E2 felt so much like the Star Trek of old, I have watched it over and over.  I get the same feeling. And in each of the episodes we have seen Discovery embodying the Federation in what they do to help who they encounter, keeping hope alive, even with Michelle Yeoh’s character non-Federation interjections. I loved Saru’s  comment about dialogue being a tool, and how Earth and Titan will work out their problems. I loved Tilly hugging the tree, finding something on Earth that remembered her. I find the first three episodes  of S3 rich enough to consider again and again.

*I went back and checked to see if I really didn’t review episodes, and I did review a few after all, just not with the current enthusiasm. 

Edited by mj
Error

They keep getting better and better. "Forget Me Not" was hands down the most emotionally charged episode Discovery has yet done, imo.

Next up S3 E5

THE NAME OF THIS EPISODE WAS CHANGED NEARLY AT THE LAST MINUTE TO "Su'Kal"

Edited by A l t e r E g o
Name change announcment.