Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Bauer

By Inferno's Light Question

I was watching "By Inferno's Light" yesterday and I thought it was a great episode. Anyway, the thing that I wasn't sure about was that if the destruction of Bajoran sun would have destroyed the combined fleets, the station and solar system,wouldn't the wormhole had collapsed as well? In which case, the Dominion would have screwed themselves over.

Or perhaps the Dominion forces in the Alpha Quadrant would've continued forward despite being out of contact with the main Dominion? Or would the wormhole had been uneffected?

I suppose it depends what kind of shockwave was sent out by the sun as it ceased to exist, or if the wormhole would be affected by the massive gravitational shifts. Those are possibilities, but I dont know for sure if it should or not Edited by Cramase

I think the wormhole would be affected by gravitational shifts. They tried to close the wormhole with graviton beams. Of course, are those the same things?

Edited by Jack_Bauer

Remember, the founder, had sabotage the first attempt to close the wormhole making it stronger. Thus, destoying the sun would not have damaged the wormhole. If that plan had been successful, the alpha quadrant would have be longed to the Dominion.

Thanks,

Drew