Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Star Trek: Picard

Seeing as this is a new series, it should have had its own forum before now, so this forum is for the discussion of Picard.

With the family health issues that I've been dealing with for the past couple of years, I haven't really taken a lot of time to sit down and watch any of the new Star Trek stuff, so I haven't even seen the first episode of this show yet.

What I may do is watch it and record my reactions to each episode for YouTube, and give my opinions/thoughts to each episode... good, bad or indifferent.

I'm not sure when (if) I'll do that, but maybe I'll get started on that in the near future.

I found Picard to be an interesting sort of side show to Star Trek. It feels/felt more like a spin-off than a true continuation.

Sure, sure, there's arguments to be made that it's a continuation... It's got Picard as the protagonist, and we get to see some of the old crew, and it takes place long after TNG, etc.

I'm talking about how it felt/feels to me. It doesn't feel like Star Trek to me.

However, most of the stuff with the Star Trek logo on it doesn't feel like Star Trek to me.