Sign in to follow this  
Captain Ericks

The Undiscovered Country

Stardate:21427.5

I wondered the same thing about why they haven't perfected it but then i got thinking.Along side what CLJP said you have to remember how the Klingons think.Firing while cloaked is very sneaky and underhanded.Sounds like something the Romulans would do(and did now that I think about it :assimilated: ) and the Klingons hold the Romluans to be a very dishonorable species.So they wouldn't want to be like the Romulans.

Stardate:21427.5

I wondered the same thing about why they haven't perfected it but then i got thinking.Along side what CLJP said you have to remember how the Klingons think.Firing while cloaked is very sneaky and underhanded.Sounds like something the Romulans would do(and did now that I think about it :laugh: ) and the Klingons hold the Romluans to be a very dishonorable species.So they wouldn't want to be like the Romulans.

The Romulans cannot fire while cloaked, if you are refering to the Scimitar from ST:Nemesis, you must remember that it was a secret Reman ship and so it is unlikely the Romulans would have been given the plans for the cloak (The Remans dont trust the Romulans do they? not after the way they were persecuted)

A vessel capable of firing while cloaked seems pretty cowardly to me, and since Chang is a Klingon, that means he is a pretty sad one. More of a Romulan actually.

And it seems too perfect anyway, a ship that can hide and fire (ok a submarine) but it still sounds stupid.

Thats the main reason the cloak was never adopted, it would have created too great an imbalance of power, and the Federation would have eventually fallen, obviously the script writers couldnt do this, so they merely forgot about it. They didnt write it out completely in the event that they would want to use it again - which they did in Nemesis

Well that's my opinion anyway

Dunno if this means anything, since theres so many posts left unread. lol

1. Chang created the 1 & only prototype of such ship & brought that info to his grave.

2. The Scimitar's Theleron Generator solves the power requirement.

3. The Scimitar's weapons have drop cloak before firing at those spots.

4. Its Reman tech. not Romulan, well not fully anyway. & yes its the 24th century, they could have found out a way. :laugh:

I somehow doubt the klingons would scrap a cloaking device that would give them such a big advantage.  I think it's just one more inconsistincy.

If I had to guess, I would say it had something to do with how the Enterprise found the Bird of Prey in the first place, I assumed picked up the exhaust port ('Well the things gotta have a tale pipe.", or something. Any other way might have done damge to the warp core and/or ventalation systems.

Guest Guest
A vessel capable of firing while cloaked seems pretty cowardly to me, and since Chang is a Klingon, that means he is a pretty sad one.  More of a Romulan actually.

Chang isn't a coward mind you, he only wants to restart the war. So he needs this vessel to start it up by blackmailing the Federation & claim they killed the Chancellor. So the war will be officially begin again.

After that has been achieved, he'll dump the ship & take up a

"Sword of Kahless" class vessel or somthing & wack the Federations while they are down.

Romulins have been working with cloaking technology for a couple of hundred years already. It make sense to me they had a cloak you could shoot thru.

Actually, I don't remember them doing this. It does stand to reason that they could however.

Actually, I don't remember them doing this.  It does stand to reason that they could however.

I think he ment the Scimitar.

Actually the Scimitar is Reman design, not Romulan.

Actually, I don't remember them doing this.  It does stand to reason that they could however.

I think he ment the Scimitar.

Actually the Scimitar is Reman design, not Romulan.

Whoever it was, I don't remember any ships firing while cloaked.

Whoever it was, I don't remember any ships firing while cloaked.

You dont?

theres a number of them.

1. the prototype BOP in "The Undiscovered Country"

2. The Scimitar in "Nemesis"

3. 2 or 3 cloak races in the Delta Quadrant. in "Voyager"

the thing to remember is that the klingon bird of prey couldn't have it's shields up while cloak and it was the same in generations, so it's not opening a hole in it shields to fire, as fro the scimtar that was also a proto-type so I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens in the future for that class, but one thing is for sure the federation needs to get it's act together to cope with it, can you imagine what would happen if a whole fleet of them came nocking on the door of the federation :)

Oh there will be others of this Class, only thing they won't have is the ability to shoot while cloak & the Theleron weapon.

Because if anyone wants that class have to rid of the Theleron Generator which is banned by the Federation.